What things would you mention to someone who never

Deesknee

<font color=blue>When we were kids (long time ago)
What things about WDW would you mention to a young lady who has never been to WDW? This is my niece in law. My nephew hasn't been since he was young. His new bride has never been.
My DB and DSIL are not big WDW people. I think they still see it as Characters & thrill rides. So to explain the magic to a newly married mid 20 something couple, what would you say?

A few things I mentioned to her:
kissing under fireworks
water skiing
cabanas at some resorts with beautiful sandy beaches
DTD
Coral Reef Restaurant
Cinderell's Castle elegance
Beaches and Cream

So What else?

It's so hard to think of specific things. It's Disney World.
How about:

Illuminations at EPCOT while having a cold beer from the UK.
The lazy river around Typhoon lagoon or Blizzard Beach.
Relaxing boat ride from DTD to OKW,POR or SSR.
Osborne festival of lights in MGM
DiveQuest @ EPCOT.
New Years Eve every night @ DTD.
Wishes, Main Street parade, Mickey's Jungle parade.
This list could go on and on. Now I can't wait to go back.

We love Cap'n Jacks @ DTD and Beaches & Cream.

Let the family know that this is coming from a 39 yo male with no kids. Maybe that might convince them.

And on another note tell your neice not to try and get everything in. Save some for the next visit.

Is this their honeymoon? If so, be sure to stop at guest relations and get a Honeymoon button to wear. Friends of mine did this, it added extra pixie dust from the CMs.

The romance of "traveling" throughout the World (Showcase, that is) :love: ; the beautiful grounds and settings of the various resorts :love: ; the lovely restaurants for those special "dates"! :love:
And then there are those great RIDES.............. :banana: :banana:
Actually, WDW is one of the few vacation destinations that can meet the individual interests of most everyone. :thumbsup2
What's not to love :confused3 ?

One big mention is to make ADR's/ I think you should really stress the importance or even make suggestions for places and times. I feel this one tool can make or break a trip and certainly takes some stress out of trip especially if they would like some nice adult quiet dinners/lunches.

Lazily stroll around World showcase, shopping, enjoy a wine flight tasting in Germany, or get a flute of champagne to go in France to enjoy while walking....

Animal Kingdowm Lodge itself with the private Savannah is very cool and can be romantic.

Any ride with a boat can be romantic or at least relaxing, Mexico, Norway, Small World, Pirates, The Land......

I would mention a few things:

1) You won't get it all done. Get it out of your mind now. If you enjoy what you take time to do, you can go back for more. (99 holes of golf!).

2) Disney can be what you want it to be. Want to sleep in, stroll the World Showcase, do a little shopping, do some romantic dining. It can be that. It can be about riding Rockin Rollercoaster, Typhoon Lagoon, dancing at Pleasure Island and seeing Mickey, too.

3) It won't be about much if you don't take some time to plan. Dining reservations are important. If you want to see popular attractions, you are better off making time in the mornings to do so than thinking you can sleep in every day. While Disney doesn't have to be frenetic, it does not adapt well to wing it - particularly for first time guests.

Thanks!

No this is not there honeymoon. My brother & his wife (grooms parents) paid for them to go on a cruise for their HM. I have just grown very close to this young lady & am certain she & my nephew would enjoy disney if they could get the mouse out of their (his) head. Of course, once they get there, they too will fall in love all over again...with the mouse!

Thanks to everyone. I haven't drank for several years, so I tend to forget about the enjoyment of a glass of champagne while strolling, or the relaxation of a cold beer on a hot day.

I love these suggestions. I no longer bother to explain why WDW again to those people who ask. I figure most likely they don't want to understand. My nephew and his bride however, seem to be interested.

Please keep any & all suggestions coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter