What Time at Park with 12:30 MCO Arrival

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
We've booked our flights for next August so it's official....we're coming to Disney. Yah!

We only have a few park days though, as we've just added a few days before our cruise. Thus, we want to maximize our time at WDW. Our flight arrives at MCO at 12:30pm and we're staying at Pop.

If we took uber from Pop to Magic Kingdom (unless we are able to catch the bus without waiting), what is a reasonable time we would get to Magic Kingdom, assuming our flight is on time? 4pm? 5pm? Earlier or later?

P.S. - We would purchase the 4 day Canadian tickets and so this would be one of those days i.e. nothing to lose money wise as we only have 3 other days before the cruise.

Are you taking Magical Express from the airport? If so, even with the bus rather than Uber to MK, I think you’d end up there by 3:30 or 4 at the latest.

From MCO to Pop is roughly 30 minutes by car. From Pop to MK is roughly 15-20 minutes.

If you're in a big rush, you could theoretically request Uber from MCO to the Contemporary, with a stop at Pop to drop off luggage. That stop would take longer than a normal stop, so you should just explain to the driver and give them a nice extra tip (like $10 extra).

Or you could Uber to Pop, drop luggage, and order a second Uber to the Contemporary.

We've booked our flights for next August so it's official....we're coming to Disney. Yah!

We only have a few park days though, as we've just added a few days before our cruise. Thus, we want to maximize our time at WDW. Our flight arrives at MCO at 12:30pm and we're staying at Pop.

If we took uber from Pop to Magic Kingdom (unless we are able to catch the bus without waiting), what is a reasonable time we would get to Magic Kingdom, assuming our flight is on time? 4pm? 5pm? Earlier or later?

P.S. - We would purchase the 4 day Canadian tickets and so this would be one of those days i.e. nothing to lose money wise as we only have 3 other days before the cruise.
Assuming DME and you simply drop your bags with bell services (don't go to the room)...
12:30p Arrival MCO
2:15p Arrival POP (DME is supposed to be 90 minutes, I added 15 for "just in case")
2:30p Checked in
2:40p In Uber or Bus heading to MK (hint: if you use Uber, have them drop you at Contemporary)
3:10p Out of transportation, walking up to gates.
3:30p Actually enter park.

I've built a little bit of "slop" in the timing. But I think between 3 (if everything goes EXCELLENT) and 4 (if things are slightly bad) is realistic. Obviously there could be extenuating circumstances that make it even later.

Are you taking Magical Express from the airport? If so, even with the bus rather than Uber to MK, I think you’d end up there by 3:30 or 4 at the latest.
Not sure, but probably just grabbing an uber from MCO to Pop would be quicker? For Magical Express, I'm assuming that we'd need to have perfect timing that the bus is there and ready to go, and then wait for it to fill up.

From MCO to Pop is roughly 30 minutes by car. From Pop to MK is roughly 15-20 minutes.

If you're in a big rush, you could theoretically request Uber from MCO to the Contemporary, with a stop at Pop to drop off luggage. That stop would take longer than a normal stop, so you should just explain to the driver and give them a nice extra tip (like $10 extra).

Or you could Uber to Pop, drop luggage, and order a second Uber to the Contemporary.
Great. Thanks for the travel times by car. That really helps.
I think we'd do the second option and first go to Pop, and then a second uber from Pop to Contemporary. Would feel better checking in and at least dropping our bags/valuables off in the room. Would be as quick as we can and then head out to MK.

Assuming DME and you simply drop your bags with bell services (don't go to the room)...
12:30p Arrival MCO
2:15p Arrival POP (DME is supposed to be 90 minutes, I added 15 for "just in case")
2:30p Checked in
2:40p In Uber or Bus heading to MK (hint: if you use Uber, have them drop you at Contemporary)
3:10p Out of transportation, walking up to gates.
3:30p Actually enter park.

I've built a little bit of "slop" in the timing. But I think between 3 (if everything goes EXCELLENT) and 4 (if things are slightly bad) is realistic. Obviously there could be extenuating circumstances that make it even later.
Awesome! Thank you! The break down of timing is great. And you have us arriving sooner than I was mentally thinking.

One question...great tip about Contemporary drop off with uber. Does the bus drop you at the TTC or the front gates?

Great. Thanks for the travel times by car. That really helps.
I think we'd do the second option and first go to Pop, and then a second uber from Pop to Contemporary. Would feel better checking in and at least dropping our bags/valuables off in the room. Would be as quick as we can and then head out to MK.
If you Uber both legs, you should save a good bit of time because the Uber will go straight from Point A to Point B.

On the bus question at MK, the Disney buses and MinnieVans have a dropoff just outside of the gate to MK...very short walk. If you Uber to the Contemporary, you'll have a 15 minute walk or so.

Below, 1 is the entrance to MK, 2 is the bus dropoff area, and the Contemporary is in the lower right corner.

If you Uber both legs, you should save a good bit of time because the Uber will go straight from Point A to Point B.

On the bus question at MK, the Disney buses and MinnieVans have a dropoff just outside of the gate to MK...very short walk. If you Uber to the Contemporary, you'll have a 15 minute walk or so.

Below, 1 is the entrance to MK, 2 is the bus dropoff area, and the Contemporary is in the lower right corner.

View attachment 456749
Thank you so much! Really helps!
Think we'll take uber on day 1 to get us there to save us time so we can maximize our time at the park that day. I know it'll cost us vs free, but will be more park time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!