What time can I book?

Go for your must haves first. I have been struggling to find certain reservations for the week before yours and a lot of things are gone. For instance, I got Storybook for 6 ( 2 children) and all that was left was 8:55 PM.
Don't despair, though. A lot of people drop when they get their fps. They will hold multiples until they figure out what they are doing. The system isn't a good one, but that's what you have to do. I sat here with my son and daughter in law yesterday for 3 hours going over our itinerary so I could release some. I felt bad holding onto them. We have it down now and I only have one duplicate (FOTLK) and I'll drop one when I see when I'm able to get a fp for FOP.
Early morning ADRS, Chef Art Smith's Homecoming, Sci Fi, Storybook all in short supply. Ironically, BOG, CRT, Akershus, e
Trattoria al Forno, all easier to get. Of course, I don't want any of them.

I've been meaning to ask, is there a free dining going on in August?

Last edited:

Yes, starts Aug 29 (which was today's 180 day booking window)
Why do you think it's been so hard for me to get an ADR for the week before? Are people booking hoping there will be another free dining? I've never had this much trouble before.
When my window opened up last week the MDE was glitchy, kept going back to home screen, I had to keep signing back in, etc. I missed out I think on some good times, unless they were already taken before my window opened.

I start booking tomorrow any suggestions for the first day? Family of 6 two kids over 20 years and two kids under 0.

Why do you think it's been so hard for me to get an ADR for the week before? Are people booking hoping there will be another free dining? I've never had this much trouble before.
When my window opened up last week the MDE was glitchy, kept going back to home screen, I had to keep signing back in, etc. I missed out I think on some good times, unless they were already taken before my window opened.

I don't know :( Frustrating, but I guess August is still high season, if there even is such a thing.

We are doing Art Smith for brunch and Storybook for dinner. Late dinner lol.

ETA: We are going to keep trying to move the Storybook a little earlier. I try at least 6 or 7 times a day.

And the website is not working for me. The app is working for me but the hoop de doo isn’t on it. The website stops right before my stay starts

We got what we wanted. I called my wife and she tried from her work and for some reason all the dates opened up for her
We did the same. I switched to my sons account and all the dates opened for us as well. I still kept having to sign back in and even go back into the MDE and my account was just acting as if I were staying offsite. I got most of what I wanted and am still trying for better times.
Glad you got everything! Planning can be so stressful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter