What time does everyone like to check out???

We like to fly out in the morning. The thought of hanging around all day and then potentially being late for Magical Express gives me anxiety! Plus we have a bit of a drive after getting to our home airport and weather could be a factor.

I travel solo often. Is the $80 worth it to you? Will you add an extra day to your tickets? If you're taking DME you'll leave the resort around 2:30 so you don't get a full day in the park. Might not be an issue. On my Sept 2017 trip I had a 6:30PM flight out and spent departure day in Disney Springs and taking buses to different resorts. Made a whole day out of it. But the later flight was less expensive for me than the early flight so rather than take the more expensive flight I chose to save money. I also fly across country so I like getting into Los Angeles late - much less traffic heading home.

Is this a first solo trip for you?
Thanks so much for your response. This will be my 4th solo trip I am visiting for the half marathon which will be my first Disney run. I think when it comes down to it I hate being rushed and the fact that the earlier flight means I would have to be up at the crack of dawn and more than likely Saturday night I would have to be back early I think it's easier to get a later flight. How many solo trips have you done?

We drive (7 hrs) and we always ask for a late checkout:) We will pack up and then maybe head to a different resort for lunch or head to DS to do some shopping etc.

Thanks so much for your response. This will be my 4th solo trip I am visiting for the half marathon which will be my first Disney run. I think when it comes down to it I hate being rushed and the fact that the earlier flight means I would have to be up at the crack of dawn and more than likely Saturday night I would have to be back early I think it's easier to get a later flight. How many solo trips have you done?
Sounds like the later flight is well worth it for you.

I've done 4 since my first visit in 2007. And 3 with friends. Starting Sept 13 I'm planning 4 with my first Annual Pass.

Have fun on that run!

We take the latest flight always, no matter the cost difference. I want the full day. We check out, take bags to RAC and head to Epcot for our last day. It's our tradition

This is exactly what we do, too, right down to always hitting Epcot on our last day (for shawarma, usually).

We book a flight around 7-8PM. We check out as early as needed to make rope drop.

Unless it's a resort only trip then we still book a late flight and check out at 11. We hang at the pool most of the day then grab a late lunch around 4.

OK - if using DME? You will need to be ready for that bus a good 3 hours before your flight. Now, let's look at 8:20 AM departure from MCO...

1) Bus will want you about 5:30 AM.
2) BAGS - going to use Resort Check? This demands 3 hours prior to flight. It opens at 5AM.
3) Would you like time to dress, and run screaming from the Hotel? :).

Just us - go for the later flight. Unless dear family is perfectly fine with awakening at about 3AM, day of departure :(.
DW and I are old.... We are not doing that :).

Later for us but we live in CA and gain 3 hours. Our options were 9 am and 6 pm. We chose 6 pm. We are flying home on a Saturday though so no work the next day either.

we have 7:30 p.m. flight, can you request a late checkout and what is the latest you can check out?

I live a short nonstop flight away and then a half hour from airport to home, so I like to fly out around 5-7pm and get another park day out of my trip. This next time I have a 5:10pm flight out of MCO and plan to spend the morning at MK. Drop bags at RAC, then take an Uber/Lyft to the airport, which squeezes in another two hours compared to taking the bus back to my resort in time for ME.

I opt for the latest flight so I can can remain in the bubble as long as possible. The man hates getting in at 10:00 PM but but that's what happens when you leave me to do all the planning hehehe.

I've recently taken the late afternoon flight. We check out at 11am and then got a day use room at the Hyatt at the airport. I spent the afternoon at the rooftop pool then had dinner and left for home. that was quite relaxing. I'd do it again. Our next trip in April we are leaving on sat at 11am and staying the night at the Hyatt, taking the early morning flight.

I opt for the latest flight so I can can remain in the bubble as long as possible. The man hates getting in at 10:00 PM but but that's what happens when you leave me to do all the planning hehehe.
Same in my house except we fly out of MCO at 9:30 PM, get in to Atlanta at 11:00 PM and, after a 2 hour drive, home at 1:00 AM. But that means we get to stay at Disney till 7:00 PM or so. Practically a full day

we have 7:30 p.m. flight, can you request a late checkout and what is the latest you can check out?

1:00PM - 0$
3:00PM - 50% of nightly rack rate
After 3:00PM - 100% of nightly rack rate

Above is dependent on occupancy. You can request late checkout but you might not be able to.

1:00PM - 0$
3:00PM - 50% of nightly rack rate
After 3:00PM - 100% of nightly rack rate

Above is dependent on occupancy. You can request late checkout but you might not be able to.
So if we have to leave for the airport for a 7:30 flight around 3:30 a 1:00 p.m. would be great if I could get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter