What time does Magical Express deliver luggage by if your plane lands around 530pm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

We never use the luggage service with the Magical Express. With that said, he have never experienced a problem with the ME but don't want to wait 3 hours to get our bags or to find out that our bags might be lost. Yes, bags get lost every day at airport (for us - spring break last month)

If you really want them before 10:30 pm don't use the luggage service.

We land at 7:20, which is new for us. I've read somewhere on here that you can ask bell services to hold it when it arrives until the next morning, and then call to have it brought up. I don't really want to have to sit around until midnight or 1am waiting for our luggage to arrive.

Or maybe we should just pick it up from baggage claim? How much time would that add at the airport? We really love the convenience of our luggage being delivered for us.

This week our plane landed at 4 and it took 5 hours for luggage to be delivered. Resort acted like that was normal. I was frustrated bc I had been counting on the 3 hr as the outer limit

This week our plane landed at 4 and it took 5 hours for luggage to be delivered. Resort acted like that was normal. I was frustrated bc I had been counting on the 3 hr as the outer limit
It could be because they say 3 hrs from the time you get to your resort, not the time you land. I know I hadn’t caught that nuance, and once we landed at 5:30 and got our luggage at 10:00 or 10:30 and was kind of annoyed until someone pointed that out to me. It was probably a little over 3 hrs from our arrival at the resort, so I didn’t have anything to be annoyed about except just the trade off of convenience of not getting my luggage myself vs the time frame without luggage.

We land at 7:20, which is new for us. I've read somewhere on here that you can ask bell services to hold it when it arrives until the next morning, and then call to have it brought up. I don't really want to have to sit around until midnight or 1am waiting for our luggage to arrive.

Or maybe we should just pick it up from baggage claim? How much time would that add at the airport? We really love the convenience of our luggage being delivered for us.

DME is located in terminal B at MCO. We fly SW which is in terminal A, I estimate picking up our own luggage adds about 30 minutes. If you're flying into terminal B it's probably 20 minutes. We pick up our luggage, I like seeing my stuff along the trip.

DME is located in terminal B at MCO. We fly SW which is in terminal A, I estimate picking up our own luggage adds about 30 minutes. If you're flying into terminal B it's probably 20 minutes. We pick up our luggage, I like seeing my stuff along the trip.

We’re flying SW, too. This is good information. Thank you!

Yes, you can ask the front desk to hold your luggage. We just got back from a trip and that's what we did. Landed around 9:30 p.m. and knew that while we met the 10:00 p.m. 'cut off' for luggage handling, we just didn't want to stay up or run the risk of a knock at the door at 2 a.m. So we asked the desk to hold our luggage and the next morning, we called and let them know we were up and ready. 10 minutes later we had our bags. Also, we knew this was going to be our plan, so we packed our carry on luggage appropriately for overnight & next day stuff. :-)

If your plane lands later, what would be the "latest" magical express would deliver luggage by?

I believe the last time DME will even take your luggage for the night is 10:00 p.m. I'm not sure if a plane arrives to the gate a few minutes before if they wait or what happens to your luggage if you miss the 10:00 p.m. cutoff. We land at 8:30 so I'm curious as to this as well.

I believe the last time DME will even take your luggage for the night is 10:00 p.m. I'm not sure if a plane arrives to the gate a few minutes before if they wait or what happens to your luggage if you miss the 10:00 p.m. cutoff. We land at 8:30 so I'm curious as to this as well.
I don't understand your comment. DME pulls tagged luggage until 10PM. Not a few minutes before, not a few minutes after. If you reach your gate after 10 PM they are clear that it is your responsibility to get your own luggage. If you don't pick it up it sits, unattended, in the airport all night and is picked up by DME in the morning and then delivered.

If you absolutely want it that night and don't want to wait up, I would say pick it up yourself. If you are okay with them holding it overnight, I would wait until you are ready to go to bed, and then if it has not yet arrived, I would go down to bell services to ask them to just hold it overnight. Actually, we discovered if it gets to the resort really late, they will hold it without you asking even if you are sitting there waiting for it.

We typically arrive before 5 and have never had an issue getting our luggage within the 3 hour window with arrivals at 5 or earlier; however, night time arrivals are a whole different matter.

This happened in 2017, but I still have not forgotten it. Our flight got in between 7 and 7:30. We were staying at YC. At 11:00 p.m. we still had not gotten our luggage, so we went down to the front desk. We were told that when people come in on evening flights if there are not that many people coming in to that specific resort that evening, they hold the luggage until the last flight eligible for ME luggage service that has people coming to that resort arrives (usually 10:00 p.m.). We were told they do that so they do not have to make multiple trips to a specific resort for just a few pieces of luggage. We were told that we could expect our luggage to arrive around 12:30 or 1:00 a.m. They would not have brought it to our room that late and we would just have gotten it the next morning had we not advised we wanted it as soon as it arrived. DH went downstairs when it had not arrived by 12:40 to check on it and stayed down there until it arrived (just before 1:00) and had them give it to him downstairs and he brought it up himself- so we wouldn't have to wait for bell services or have them coming to the room door that late. We have never had an issue with ME luggage delivery before and we were never warned that was a possibility for an evening flight. The CM at the front desk made it sound like this was a VERY common occurrence and that if your flight arrived at 7:00 p.m. or later on a low or moderate crowd WDW time, that it would be pretty expected.

I don't understand your comment. DME pulls tagged luggage until 10PM. Not a few minutes before, not a few minutes after. If you reach your gate after 10 PM they are clear that it is your responsibility to get your own luggage. If you don't pick it up it sits, unattended, in the airport all night and is picked up by DME in the morning and then delivered.

Just say for example you get off the plane at 9:45, the airport workers that unload the plane dont start loading and moving the luggage carousel until 9:50 and likely wont finish loading until well after 10:00. Do the workers at DME wait at the carousel for all the luggage to come off that flight? Or do they take it before it even makes it to the carousel? I've never seen what they do or how they do it.

Can I ask a silly question, we wont have luggage tags because we are international. Do we just collect our bags and take them to the magical express?

We arrive about 6:30pm so hoping we won’t be separated from our bags at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter