What time for California Grill in mid-July?

isanda

Mouseketeer
How do you guys work it out?

Without the published timetable for Wishes in mid July, what would be the best time to try to get a PS at the California Grill so it would coincide with Wishes?

giving it a good guess, i would say no earlier than 8:00. keeping in mind it is now daylight savings time and it will be getting dark later. i would guess fireworks would be no earlier than 9:00 or 10:00. this is why it is called guess-work! good luck!:tongue:

We phoned to arrange PS at Calfornia Grill to coincide with Wishes. The person I spoke to couldn't say when Wishes would be in July, but told me that in June it would be at 10:00 PM so booked our PS for 9:40 PM.
DISBoard member Isanda tells me that there's a thread somewhere which says that CG may stop admitting people 20-25 minutes before Wishes. I haven't been able to track down the thread, so can anyone enlighten me?
If it's true - any suggestions? Do we try to change the PS (we are a party of seven and I got the impression that there wasn't much choice of available times)? Do we turn up on time and demand to be seated, because that's what I asked for when I arranged the PS?
Or should we turn up extra early (say 9:00 PM) to be on the safe side?
I'd be grateful for any light you can shed on this!

We eat at the CG almost every year and always make reservations for 8PM. We also go in mid-July and will be there this year on 7/19. Our experience has been that an 8PM reservation is perfect for the fireworks. Dinner at the CG is a nice leisurely pace and by 8PM everyone who is seated is staying for the fireworks. Tell this to your server and they give you plenty of time to "extend" your meal so that you are there for "wishes." Also, ordering the souffle for dessert doesn't hurt! It takes about a half hour to prepare and it is soooooooooo good!!!:earsboy:

Originally posted by Stratocastermagic
We phoned to arrange PS at Calfornia Grill to coincide with Wishes. The person I spoke to couldn't say when Wishes would be in July, but told me that in June it would be at 10:00 PM so booked our PS for 9:40 PM.
DISBoard member Isanda tells me that there's a thread somewhere which says that CG may stop admitting people 20-25 minutes before Wishes. I haven't been able to track down the thread, so can anyone enlighten me?
If it's true - any suggestions? Do we try to change the PS (we are a party of seven and I got the impression that there wasn't much choice of available times)? Do we turn up on time and demand to be seated, because that's what I asked for when I arranged the PS?
Or should we turn up extra early (say 9:00 PM) to be on the safe side?
I'd be grateful for any light you can shed on this!

Hi there

I have looked for this thread, beacuase I first mentioned it to you....and I've finaaly found it....Try here

The message to look at is by Sweatp0618.

Hope this helps

Can anyone confrim if this is true?

Found it! Thanks!
Anyone any advice on this? I.e. whether my 9:40 PM PS at CG will enable us to see Wishes at 10:00 PM? If not, what to do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter