What time of day do you fly home from Hawaii? east coast question

We live in southwest Ontario (so kind of east coast). All Air Canada flights were leaving at midnight with long stopovers. So we ended up booking United (bringing my boxing gloves just in case :P) because it left mid-afternoon (5-ish), had a short stopover and had the pods in business class. The terrible flight times and lengths is one of the things that has kept us from going for a long time.

OP again.Hmmm well not sure what I will do. Valid point on stopping somewhere on the way home vs. flying first class.

If I take the 6hourflight from HI to say San Diego (Visited both San Diego and Los Angeles extensively this past July )I could stay a night in SD and fly out next evening. Part of me knows I am just going to WANT to get home after HI. I will miss my dog, my house, etc. and just be thinking ENOUGH i've been gone 13 days get me home!

If the flights warrant cost wise a stop I may but seems like a hassle. Get the luggage, etc. do the whole airport things ALLLLLL over again the next day.

Rethinking the time though on a flight...good points
I hear you. I took the Hawaii air direct flight 3pm direct to JFK.... landed at 7amish. We had economy comfort. Didn’t sleep a wink!! If you can swing the flat beds god bless go for it. It is a torturous flight no doubt!!!! We stopped at DL for 3 nights on the way to Hawaii this did help with jet lag there.
But honestly money aside I wanted to get home after 16 days I missed my cats terribly, and would not have wanted to break flight up
Do not attempt work the next day. You need a day to just adjust to time zone and get settled.

I try to go out later as well but that is because that is the majority of flights. I like to try to get out around 3 or 4pm and arrive in Nashville as close to 8am as possible. I have found that works best for me with the jet lag. I just go to bed again when I get home and wake up naturally a little before dinner usually around 3 or 4. Then do laundry, eat and go back to bed as I'm tired again. Then set the alarm to get up at 6am (preferably Sunday). That turns my clock back around before the work week starts. I know it means one less day in Hawaii but I cut it too close to get readjusted on my first trip and was ill feeling for a week. Prefer to stay rested from my vacay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter