What time should I arrive to Meet & Greets to get a lower wait time?

mickey765

Mouseketeer
If I arrive before characters are scheduled to meet or in the last half hour of their meet at MK, will I likely get a lower wait time? Do you have any tips for getting lower wait times for characters at Magic Kingdom around spring break? Characters I'm intereseted in include Stitch, Pooh & Tigger (by their ride), Peter Pan and Jack Sparrow.

For those characters I would say arriving before they show up for the set you want should be pretty safe. Some of the more popular characters you are better off getting there before their first set starts.
When we were there in May Jack was roaming through Adventureland and wasn’t doing it every day. He was a character we wanted to meet but didn’t get to see.

Last edited:
Unlike the rides, you cannot just jump in line at the end of a set and you get to see them. The cast members can and do close the lines when they reach the point that they feel the character will be able to see everyone in line and still end at a certain time. This can often mean that they close the lines quite early in their set.

Is there a way to have an estimate of the wait time when you get there? Will the cast members be able to tell us?
And if you arrive prior to the scheduled time, how will you know where to line up for meets like Gaston, Peter Pan etc that do not have a specific set up?

Is there a way to have an estimate of the wait time when you get there? Will the cast members be able to tell us?
And if you arrive prior to the scheduled time, how will you know where to line up for meets like Gaston, Peter Pan etc that do not have a specific set up?
The two you mentioned do have a specific setup
Gaston meets to the right of the store that's best to the tavern and Peter meets right before you exit fantasyland to go into Liberty square, you will see a map of neverland, that's his meeting space.

Tigger and Pooh have an estimated wait time on a sign, but the kid in front of us was spinning the arrow when we walked up. That meet is SLOW. They "take a break" every 15 minutes and spend up to 5 minutes per group.

Tigger and Pooh have an estimated wait time on a sign, but the kid in front of us was spinning the arrow when we walked up. That meet is SLOW. They "take a break" every 15 minutes and spend up to 5 minutes per group.
When do you think would be the best time to get there then?

We were at MK this week and it was slammed. However during the parade Mickey and Tinkerbell at Town Square both days were 10 minutes and basically walk on durning the parade. You would just have to make sure you’re close to Main Street Theater because getting through during the parade is rough.

Anyone know if the Buzz meet and greet is high priority? How long are waits? (on high crowd days)

Reactions: mgc
In general, if they are characters that are only out at specific times, getting there at least 15 minutes ahead is usually good.
Most popular characters will only be out a specific amount of time and their handlers will cut off the line and no more can enter until the next time they come out, if they do that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!