What time to line up for Fantasmic for HB dining package?

ironband74

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I've got reservations for the Fantasmic on the go Hungry Bear (1st show) on December 27th. I'm a scheduling nut so I am trying to figure out the "right" time to line up to get our spot. Party of six includes a 9 year old, and since it is a standing area I figure it would be good to get close enough to the front that we can make friends with the folks around us and try and get him to a place he can see from.

What say you experts?

Andre

I’ve done Hungry Bear I think five times? Based on my experience, people will start to line up about 15 minutes before the first time listed on your ticket, but many people won’t arrive until 30 or 20 minutes before the show.

We’ve never stood in Hungry Bear. There have been (rare) reports if people having to stand, but not in at least a year? I mean, Dec. 27 is high crowds, but even last year that week, no one reported standing.

If the section is seated, there’s not really a bad spot. Some people even prefer to be further back to avoid looking “through” the rail (and avoid water spray).

I've sat front row and the rail definately bothered me. When I went the 2nd time I sat in the back and the view was WAY better. Even though there were people in front of me it was unobstructed.

We did this last Saturday night. We arrived about 30 minutes before show time and the section was pretty full. The back row was mostly empty, which was where we wanted to be. I actually asked if there was anywhere in the section I would be allowed to stand (since my knees were bothering me) but was told no standing allowed.
I've sat front row and the rail definately bothered me. When I went the 2nd time I sat in the back and the view was WAY better. Even though there were people in front of me it was unobstructed.
We have watched from the front row and the railing bothered me as well.

We went this Friday and arrived at 1:30 before the show (7:30 for the 1st show at 9 ) and there was I think 1-2 people in HB waiting and CM telling us to stand to the sides until they formed the line between 7:45-7:50. The BB line was already 10-15 people long by 7:30 though.... we ended up 1st row but to the side after the 20 family members that apparently didn’t feel the need to wait in line until we were walking in..... but overall I’d say if you want a good spot on a busy day (that was busy but not 12/27 busy) plan on no later then 7:30

Yes, I concur with the above. Dec 27th will be busy. If you're looking for a specific location, get there at least 1.5 hours before. For instance, in August I knew I wanted front row, far right (as close to center as possible) so my toddler could watch through the railing. I got there at 725 PM and was not the only one there. I hung out near the left railing and ended up 1st when it was officially time to line up. My mom and I brought a blanket and saved just enough space for our group of 8. The rest were stuck on pirates but were there within minutes of our getting seats.

To find out in advance whether the railing will bother you, stop by the area earlier in the afternoon and sit right in front of the railing while looking at the island. Look at the cabin on the island through the railing. Remember that it will be dark and the show will be very brightly lit. It will be like looking at a movie screen in a dark theater. For me, being up at the railing isn't a problem; it is my preference so that I know I won't have a taller person blocking my view. The railing doesn't distract me because I can look through it. As other posters have stated, it is a distraction for them. Test drive the view beforehand so you can have an idea of what will work better for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!