• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What time to make ADR to see Spectro?

hurleysweety

DIS Veteran
Spectro plays at 9 PM on 5/23 - not exactly sure where we want to eat yet, but when I do decide, what time should I try and aim for?

I'm thinking it would be easiest to eat in MK, as opposed to a resort? Any suggestions for your best experience on your spectro night? We're a party of 4 adults - none have seen spectro before. :goodvibes

Thanks!

My sister & I are going in March - her first trip to WDW. On our MK day, Spectro is also running at 9pm. We have an ADR for Kona Cafe at 5:30. I figure that will allow time for a leisurely meal, the boat or monorail ride back to MK, and time to find a good place to view the parade. If you are eating in the MK, you could probably have a later ADR, but I still don't think I'd go later than 6:30.

On my spectro night I try and shoot for Crystal Palace, then I am right there when done with dinner.

Usually I shoot for 2 hours before the start of the parade. We are quick eaters, usually only an hour. At CP we have always been seated on time or before our adr (I know everyone doesn't have this experience) so getting seated on time hasn't been an issue. Then when we are done (we do take our time) we grab a spot in the hub somewhere and people watch. At this point we don't have kids with us so we are a bit more flexible. But that is our plans and it has worked well.

Thanks! I think those are both great ideas! I think that CP might be a great choice for us, except we're going to Boma the next morning and two buffets in a row is overkill to me...someone who never eats buffets! I also like the idea of eating at the resort hotels and then taking the boat over to the MK - just adds to the suspense/excitement!

I'm not sure what type of food you're looking for but The Plaza might be a good idea. It's located on the parade route. They serve sandwiches, salads, soups, and sweets. It's not one of my favourite restaurants, but if you're looking for something convenient I would recommended it. They also have tables outside; if you can snag one they would be a great place to sip a soda and watch Spectro!

what about Tony's? actually, we have it booked earlier, so we have enough time to walk back to frontierland to view the parade. it's less crowded there.
if you prefer a resort , knoa cafe or Ohanas (good luck with that one), but be sure you leave PLENTY tinme to get back to MK, and don't expect to get "front row" viewing for the parade (this doesn't matter to us, we are 2 adults, and don't mind looking over a few heads.) we have always found frontier land to be the best spot for last minjute viewing spots.
as far as resort restaurants, one that is not hard to book and is often overlooked is Grand Floridian Cafe,. very nice, classy, good food. and you can take the monorail back to MK.
just be aware, if you enter Mk too close to spectro, the CMs will be moving you right along (ie, all the viewing spots are "taken" along the hub and main street, and you will be asked to "keep moving", even if the parade is already in progress. they will NOT allow you to stop and watch, they keep a free-moving aisle for emergency purposes. they will make you keep walking. so, do not expect to arrive at main street and just hang out. you need to get PAST it all and into frontierland or liberty square before hand. we tried once to say "we don't care if there are 4 rows of people infront of us, we just want to watch" they don't let you. you. it is roped off, in front of AND behind the "walking" aisle if you dont' have a spot in one of the roped off sections, you HAVE to keep walking, even IF the parade is going on. (otherwise there would be no way out for anyone not watching the parade. this is for emergency purposes)

If you eat at a resort restaurant and can get back to MK in time, take the train back to the frontierland station. Viola!. just dont' cut it too short, cause they stop the train(obviously) during the parade.when you get off the train, turn left.head towards big thunder, then follow the paths along the river, towards haunted mansion. anywhere you can find a spot is good. if there's still time you can cut across the path and stand by the shooting gallery, or outside liberty tavern..
once the parade is over, work your way towrad main street. find any spot on the street for wishes. (the further back, the better, the show is choreographed to be viewed from main street. Don't be caught in fantasyland. we like to watch it from main street, but don't pass the Watch factory, from the Watch factory to the railroad station, they leave the lights on. ruins the effects. but, if you're in a hurry to get out, stand as close to the railroad station as possible.

The night I want us to see Spectro, we have a 6:45 at CP. I believe that will give us enough time to eat and see the parade. I hope!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter