What time would DME pick up?

If my flight was at 8:15 AM, what time would DME most likely pick me up from my resort?
As the buses pick up every half hour, your pick up time will most likely not be exactly three hours before departure; it will be no less than three hours, however.

Keep in mind that the pick-up time is supposed to be the time the bus pulls out from your resort. They expect you to be waiting outside at least 10 minutes before.

If you have made a DME reservation, you can always call Disney and ask. We already have our DME pick up time noted for our September trip because the CM happened to mention it over the phone.

That only happened once -- in 2017 and it was due to construction.

It was 4 hours for us, first week of January 2019. I chalked it up to holiday crowds. I’m really glad it was 4 hours rather then 3. Traffic getting to the airport and going through security took longer then usual.

It was 4 hours for us, first week of January 2019. I chalked it up to holiday crowds. I’m really glad it was 4 hours rather then 3. Traffic getting to the airport and going through security took longer then usual.
Was it a domestic flight?

I was told it was due to the holidays (we were flying out Christmas) and @Disneylover99 seems to confirm this is a common thing around the holidays?
I’m not sure it’s a common thing. I just assumed the busy week was the reason for the four hour pick up this year. I never asked. Last time I flew to Disney over Christmas week was 2015. It was a 3 hour pick up then.

I was told it was due to the holidays (we were flying out Christmas) and @Disneylover99 seems to confirm this is a common thing around the holidays?
No, it's not. 2018 was Magical Express's 14th holiday season. October 2017 to about January 2018 is the only time the airport changed its recommended arrival interval and DME complied.

The tram to the gates was being refurbished. Only one tram was running.

No, it's not. 2018 was Magical Express's 14th holiday season. October 2017 to about January 2018 is the only time the airport changed its recommended arrival interval and DME complied.

The tram to the gates was being refurbished. Only one tram was running.

Disneylover said they encountered this in January 2019. :confused3 I for one hope its not 4 hours because we're flying back home Christmas Day evening and last place I want to be for 3 hours+ is an airport. :)

Disneylover said they encountered this in January 2019. :confused3 I for one hope its not 4 hours
It's the middle of April now, and only this one poster has has reported a four hour pickup for a domestic flight. Highly unlikely to be standard practice.

It's the middle of April now, and only this one poster has has reported a four hour pickup for a domestic flight. Highly unlikely to be standard practice.

I doubt as well it'll be standard practice, but during periods where the airport is otherwise more crowded than normal (holidays), makes me wonder if they'll go back to the 4 hour especially if the airlines are reporting significantly longer lines, etc.

Possibly, but they didn't this past holiday season. The one person who had a four hour pickup in January is probably an anomoly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter