What to do before?

Rays Daddy

Rays Daddy
We are going to WDW with our 2.5 year old autistic son. Can i please get some great hints ot tips as to what to do before we get there to make this the best opportunity possible for Raymond. Thank you in advance

Bennet

is to take things one minute at a time...go slow, and enjoy...

You'll know when it's time to head for the hotel, have some down time, and relax. It always amazes us how much our boys "grow" at WDW..and I think that a big part of it, we just give them the time they need to overcome things..sometimes, at home, life can get in the way of the "wait for it"..and at WDW, we just take our time with everything.

We get there early in the morning - a good time for our guys - and sometimes ride Buzz 10 times in a row..and if that's all we do, that's just great.

We're a family, out there, doing the stuff other families do..and loving every minute of it:)...and as the boys get older, they're so much better at coping with everything ...and so am I;)

Have fun!

:sunny:

Ditto on what mbb said. We have an autistic 6 year old. We took him to WDW at 20 months, 4 years old and 6 years old. The best tip I can give is to get to the parks early, leave in the afternoon for a break, then return later if you want. We usually grab a fast pass for one of the kids favorite rides on our way out for the afternoon break. Then use the fastpass when we return in the evening. We never stay at the parks late either. We may return at around 5pm, then leave by 7pm. Short and sweet is better than comando with autistic children.
The stroller worked wonders on the lines when ds was having a bad moment. The stroller kept him calm. Just make sure you mention that you want to use the stroller in line when you get your GAC.
Have a great trip!

Soft foamy ear plugs that you can buy at any drug store have been something my son has used since that age at any movie and especially at WDW. He can't handle the loud noises in the rides or exhibits.

Some people have made PECs cards with WDW attractions on them. If you do a google search for images, you can a lot of pictures to use.

This website isn't being updated any more, but she has some good information in the hints on this page and the link under tips about Helping Hypersensitive Children have Fun At Disney Parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter