What to do first?

confettiandkale

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

Sailing on my first cruise on 12/4, and due to having no status, when my activities booking window opened...everything was sold out! There are a few things that I would still like to change or sign up for, but I am unsure about the process/procedures to do so. Here is a list of things I am hoping to accomplish...

1. Reserving Palo brunch: 4 night cruise so would like to enjoy on only day at sea
2. Change to early/first dining time
3. Booking a spin class
4. Adding gift cards to our OB Account to pay for the stuff I will inevitably buy! (Not sure if or how to do this beforehand)

I’m also traveling with just one other person, so the hope is we can split up to try to accomplish the list above, but with a PAT of 11:30 I’m not even sure any of this will be available.

Thank you for your time & assistance!

1 and 2 are the most time-sensitive. 4 can be done almost any time, and I wouldn't scramble on that.

The spin class seems like a Nice to Have, versus 2 (which impacts you every day) and 1 (seems like a bigger deal to me, but that's me).

pixiedust:Reserving Palo and changing Dining times happen in the same place. Usually the line forms about 1/2 hour before the printed time that is in the Navigator. Check that time and location, so you know exactly where to go. I hope you get what you want!

I do not know how/where to sign up for spin class.

pixiedust:Reserving Palo and changing Dining times happen in the same place. Usually the line forms about 1/2 hour before the printed time that is in the Navigator. Check that time and location, so you know exactly where to go. I hope you get what you want!

I do not know how/where to sign up for spin class.

Awesome, thank you!

Go to the gym (in the spa) to sign up for the spin class. Lots of people bail out when they realize that they don't want to work out on their vacation so it's possible you'll get a spot.

Have you signed up for the waiting list for early dining? If you don't get it before you cruise, check the Navigator and see where they are doing the dining changes. I think it's also the same place you go to try to book Palo. They hold some of those back for on-ship booking.

I'm not sure if the activities that are sold out that you're referring to are the ones you listed or are for other activities and/or port tours, but keep checking - people often cancel at the last minute. Also check on board ship as people cancel then too.

Boarding begins about 11:45 or so. They board Concierge, then Platinum (they can board any time), then they call boarding groups starting with those with the earliest PAT. A PAT of 11:30 will probably get you on relatively soon.

I'll add that number 4 can be done ahead of time by calling DCL. I always do that just to avoid having to go to guest service during the cruise.

Do 1 & 2 first. Bummer about things being unavailable. I booked a Dream cruise for next month less than 60 days out, but still everything was available except the cabanas. I guess my cruise just has fewer people on it.

Thank you everyone! I forgot about the Castaway Cay 5k too...I’m assuming that it will posted in the navigator where to sign up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter