What to do if Flight Home is at 6:15am! That's early, but all they offered.

bfrosty

Mouseketeer
We (Wife and 2kids) have an upcoming trip to Disney World and are staying at Boardwalk Villas via a DVC rental on a Sunday-Friday time frame.

Our flight actually leaves on Saturday morning really, really early. 6:15am. So, being at MCO at 4:15am?

We are planning on going to the parks Friday...but do we just leave for MCO around 11pm...and just sleep at the Airport? It seems strange to get a hotel room for 4hrs, since we'll be up about 3am to get ready to go to MCO. Hyatt does have a hotel just on the other side of the highway that is way cheaper than the Hyatt at MCO. I'm thinking under $200/night. That's an option.

Would love and appreciate some strategies on this situation!! Please chime in if you have a moment.

Ps. I may just ditch our return flight and book with another carrier at a later time Saturday...that's an option too.

If I had a flight that early, I definitely would stay at the Hyatt near or at the airport. However my first thought would be that it is much better to get a flight later in the day so you can really enjoy your last day in the park and still get some decent sleep before you travel home.

You'll need to be out of your DVC rental no later than 11AM on Friday. DVC doesn't offer late checkouts. That leaves a really long day with no home until you get home later on Saturday.

We had a 7 am flight our last trip. We just got a room across from MCO. We checked out, stored our luggage with bag services and went to the park. Made it and earlier day, took magical express to the airport and the took a cab to our hotel about 5 mins away. hotel cost $130 for the night.

Having sat around airports and train stations for hours in advance I'd do the same for the 4 hours to kill at MCO. Currently, I travel with children no younger than 9 so I'd just make sure they were parked in comfy seats (yeah, I know this is the airport, LOL) use luggage as ottomans and ensure they had some sort of quiet entertainment. Since they always have hoodies to use on the flight would work fine as blankets here too. Sounds like you will all be sleeping when you get back home anyway.

We (Wife and 2kids) have an upcoming trip to Disney World and are staying at Boardwalk Villas via a DVC rental on a Sunday-Friday time frame.

Our flight actually leaves on Saturday morning really, really early. 6:15am. So, being at MCO at 4:15am?

We are planning on going to the parks Friday...but do we just leave for MCO around 11pm...and just sleep at the Airport? It seems strange to get a hotel room for 4hrs, since we'll be up about 3am to get ready to go to MCO. Hyatt does have a hotel just on the other side of the highway that is way cheaper than the Hyatt at MCO. I'm thinking under $200/night. That's an option.

Would love and appreciate some strategies on this situation!! Please chime in if you have a moment.

Ps. I may just ditch our return flight and book with another carrier at a later time Saturday...that's an option too.
If it were just adults, I would just say "chill out at the airport until your flight takes off". I'd even do that with older kids. But if they're under 10...whew, I don't know. I'd want to either schedule a late flight for Friday night or find one that departs later on Saturday. I've done the "get up at 3 AM for a 6 AM flight" and it's tough on adults but doable. I'm not sure that I would be able to handle my own sleeplessness AND sleepy children as well.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions...much appreciated. I'm going to hold out for a later flight on Saturday. Probably stay one night at Pop Century.

Update 8/19/18

Frontier allowed us to move our flight to Saturday morning, but still early. No extra fees.

So, we decided staying at Beach Club villas for the night...very short night. MagicExpress will pick us up at 3am!!!

Oh well, sleep on the plane and all day saturday!!!

Thanks again for everyone's advice.
62-days and counting!
Bfrosty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter