• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to do in Grand Cayman?

luv2boys

DVC Boardwalk Villas
I printed out a list on Dave's site for Gand Cayman. What is the best thing to do with a 4 and 7 year old? Most things look like they are for older children or adults.

Thanks.

Stingray city is a don't miss-even if the children never leave the boat, the guide will carry a stingray over for them to pet. It is truely a once in a lifetime event. (and the boat ride is really nice too, very scenic :) )

We also did Captin Marvins on our own. A warning though for those who are unfamiliar. The boat drops anchor in water about 8-9 feet deep. My 8 year old was not afraid but I saw several whom were surprised by the depth. I was okay once I felt safe enough in my vest. I'm still new to snorkeling.

The stingrays are incredible animals. If your children are too afraid to get in the water the guys were nice enough to bring a ray close enough for people to touch them from the ladder.

Kim ºOº

There were several small children on our boat. (we were on a small powerboat maybe ten of us total) and our guide backed in. The water could not have been over four feet as my head was completely out of the water when I stood and I am 5'2. He said he would back in to get as shallow as possible for the kids.

We just returned from the 7 day western. A wonderful trip.
We used Capt Marvins and the water was in the 4 to 4 1/2 foot range for the Stingrays. They also took us to snorkle at a reef in about 15 feet of water.

I have a 7 year old son who thought this was the coolest think ever - his words.

I hope this helps

The reef was deep.. infact a stinray swan under DS and I and was at least five feet below us so 15 feet seems about right for the reef,,, at the sandbar (stingray city ) is where I said it had to be about four feet as I could comfortably stand.

We thought about doing stingrays, but knowing the water would be over my 6 yr. olds head we decided on the 9:30 am horse back ride. She will be allowed to ride with me , the nice thing about this is we were able to book it far in advance as it is a non-dcl excursion.

We just back from last week's 7-day cruise. My family (spouse, daughter-10, son-7) did the DCL excursion - Stingway City and Discover Cayman (or something like that). Anyways, you get 30 minutes of snorkelling with the stingrays (water was approx 5' deep), a trip to the Turtle Farm (cool!), and a trip to the Hell rock formations (not very cool...). Plus, you get a bit of a tour of some of the island. All in all, very worthwhile for us I think! Also, our tablemates took the Rum Point excursion and their little ones had a blast!

K.

Klondon,
we are thing of doing this excursion too
Is it the one that meets at 7:30 am with the sub thing
Did you find that you had enough time at each place.
would we have time to go to 7 mile beach or shopping in the afternoon?
I think I have to see that beach, I have heard so much about it.

thanks

86 days to go!!!!!!!

1983 disneyland
1987 Disney Inn
2000 port Orleans
2001 Wonder and HRH
2002 Wilderness Lodge
2003 Magic May 10:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

There are some great options available for kids in Grand Cayman. You can fit in one or even two of the following excursions

Beach Horseback Riding where the youngest can ride with you. The horses are very well trained, my kids loved this ride, beach is really nice as well.

Atlantis Submarine the ssub goes down to 100ft, really great, we did this a few years ago with our first child, they have to be 3ft tall but they are not too too strict on this.

Stingray City Catamaran Trip This is a great one for kids as its roomy and there is a bathroom. The catamaran is a beautiful boat and the stingrays are neat. You don't have to get in the water to enjoy it as they bring them to the boat. My son road on my husbands back the first time:D

Nina Replica Historical Sailing Never done this but it says all ages and looks interesting and it would be a cool ship to see and sail on I think...almost a pirate ship:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter