• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to do when a visit is approaching...

wise king mickey

The Plaid Mouseketeer
So, this is your first time to Disneyland? Don't sweat it. I'm a passholder and I can give some great tips.

1: Be on hand at opening time. This is excessively important because everyone stampedes to Space Mountain or Splash Mountain as soon as the gates open. If you're a thrill ride lover (like me, Mr. Gung-Ho :cool1: ) you can get on without much of a wait. If not, you can probably ride the Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates of the Caribbean in rather quick sucsession.
2: Take into account ride capacity. For example, Pirates can move about 3000 people through per hour due to its high unit capacity (ie, how many people can fit into a boat) and short dispatch interval, whereas Dumbo is an engineering disaster that struggles to move 350. Therefore, lines are much, much longer at Dumbo.
3: Converse with your party. :chat: For example, If someone doesn't want to ride Indiana Jones, send them ahead to get fastpasses for Splash Mountain. If you're getting hungry, ask them to pick up food (I recommend Redd Rockett's Pizza Port, in Tomorrowland) while you kill time in the Main Street Penny Arcade or ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
4: Keep an optimistic viewpoint.Some people have no consideration for others, and after standing in the hot sun in a line for hours, you don't want someone to join their party right in front of you. If you're saddled with a cranky toddler, you wouldn't appreciate someone ramming you with a stroller. And if you should get hurt on a ride, the last thing you expect is discourtesy from a cast member. But it happens, and it's no fun for anybody if somebody EXPLODES out of nowhere in a fit of rage. :furious: One anger management strategy is to go hug a cuddly character.(Pooh is a good one. pooh: ) I assure you, you won't look stupid. If it helps you blow off steam, go ahead. You'll have fun once you start anew.
5:Keep well hydrated. :drinking: This is a biggie because in the toasty climate of Southern California, many patrons tend to get heat exhaustion.
6:Don't spring for snacks unless you're really hungry. In the long run, they're a rip-off. It's better to get a large meal.
7: Move to less crowded attractions in the middle of the day. :crowded: That is one of the best pieces of advice I can give. Good ones include It's A Small World, Innoventions, and Honey, I Shrunk The Audience.
8: Visit California Adventure, which handles crowds well. In the middle of the day, it's a good one to park-hop to. The Park-Hopper ticket is a huge bargain, and some of the best rides are there, including Grizzly River Run (whitewater raft ride), California Screamin' (BIG roller coaster), the Tower of Terror (EEK! :scared1: ) and the much-heralded Soarin' Over California. It replicates the feeling of hang gliding and is set to a great musical score that will stick in your head for hours. It's like, really awesome, man. :hippie:

I hope you find these tips useful and informative. Have a great time and let Disney whisk you away with magic! :smickey:

Good tips. I never ride PotC until afternoon because the line moves so fast it's not worth it to ride it in the morning while other rides have longer lines.

Rides that almost never have a line (even in the afternoon) are: Winnie-the-Pooh, PotC, Haunted Mansion, Tom Sawyer Island, Pinocchio, Snow White, Buzz Lightyear, HISTA, Enchanted Tiki Room, even BTMRR has usually 20-30 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter