What to do while pregnant and family is on rides?

FireflyTrance

DIS Veteran
We have our WDW trip coming up in 2 1/2 weeks :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Anyway I will be 5 months pregnant then and won't be able to go on some of the rides. I got fp+ for my family for some of those rides, but for others they will probably wait in line. I am wondering if anyone has any tips for fun things to do by yourself while your family is going on rides? We are going to all 4 parks so tips for any park are good. TIA!

At AK I would say catch a show, like LK or Nemo depending on which rides they are on, or walk either of the trails to see the animals or Discovery Trails close to the Tree of Life. There are often musicians playing as well. In Pandora you could walk around and check out the new land - lots to look at there. At Epcot, you could go to the Seas and check out the dolphins and manatees:lovestruc and enjoy the air-conditioning, or check out Jammitors or other entertainment, and try out sodas in Club Cool. In HS, plenty of shows to see, like B & B while others do RnRC and ToT, or Frozen while they do ST. Also, entertainers frequently out on Blvd, and Launch Bay if you are SW fan. In MK you can could play the SOTMK game in the land they are in, ride the riverboat and People Mover, do Philharmagic (our fave and nice seats in the air conditioning again!), or watch a parade/castle show.

At all parks, you can do character meets, enjoy a Mickey bar or Dole Whip, shopping, and of course sit on a bench and people watch!

I would head to the restroom, stop for a cold drink, find a bench, and head back to the restroom!! Seriously the wait never seemed that long but if I got hot I would walk around the stores. Club Cool is a great stop and Animal Kingdom has some beautiful walkways as mentioned above. Congrats on the baby!!!

You could always ride a low key ride while waiting (such as people mover while they are on SM)

In the past, I have scheduled my FP for an easier, slower ride if I was not planning to go on

Or, you could also shop!:rolleyes1

We went to Tokyo Disneyland for our babymoon. While my husband rode rides, I ate. And ate. And ate. And then I ate some more!

Or use the Project Life app to make a photobook of your trip. It's a great little souvenir and so fun to flip through years later.

Thanks for all the tips! I've never been to Club Cool, I'll have to look for that one.

I should go back and try to schedule some of my own fp+ on slower rides. I actually scheduled myself for the rides I can't go on, and thinking about it, that makes no sense :rotfl2:

I waited in some of the lines with my husband when I was expecting. When you get to the ride just tell them your not riding. I did it on space mountain, test track, rocking roller coaster, etc.

Shopping ... lots and lots of shopping. I went when I was six months pregnant with DH, DS, and three of his cousins. I shopped all day every day ... and conveniently had all of the packages sent back to the resort.

We have our WDW trip coming up in 2 1/2 weeks :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Anyway I will be 5 months pregnant then and won't be able to go on some of the rides. I got fp+ for my family for some of those rides, but for others they will probably wait in line. I am wondering if anyone has any tips for fun things to do by yourself while your family is going on rides? We are going to all 4 parks so tips for any park are good. TIA!
Be sure and coordinate with your family and tell them where you will be sitting etc. That will save wasting time when they are done with the ride. I have often had to do this when my teens ride crazy rides that I can’t do because of my bad back. Use the time to just chill! It will make the day so much more pleasant. Believe me, you will do enough walking, you will welcome the break. If there is a gift shop close by, tell them to meet you there. I really would recommend just taking it easy though. If they are using FP, they will be on and off the ride quickly.

I went while 6 months pregnant with both of my kids. Disney is a great vacation to take while pregnant. Lots of places to sit and lots of places to get snacks/water! There are very few rides that you can't do. Hollywood Studios is the only park where I couldn't do most of what my family did - RnR, ToT, Star Tours. I spent a lot of time at Starring Rolls bc it was open then :-) If I had it to do all over again, for that park, I may just sleep in and send my family by themselves, and meet them there for the shows.

I had my family get fast passes for rides I couldn't do so they wouldn't be in a long line, and I either got a fast pass for a slower moving ride (I did Peter Pan while they did Seven Dwarves, for example) or I just took the time to re-hydrate and sit in the shade. It was nice and made for a super relaxing trip!

Have a great time, and congrats!

I went at 4 months pregnant. I rode on several of the slower rides while DH did the “big” rides. I felt pretty cool hitting up Journey of the Little Mermaid and Winnie the Pooh by myself.

I met a group of friendly teens on Gran Fiesta tour who inquired about my solo status. They got a kick when I said my husband was at the bar drinking. (I didn’t show until well over halfway through my pregnancy, so it wasn’t immediately obvious that I was expecting.)

I also shopped. And rested. It was nice to have some time in the parks by myself!

When I went pregnant I bought a Hidden Mickeys book and went hunting for them. I also shopped, watched shows, and enjoyed the alone time :)

Reactions: rlk
I waited in some of the lines with my husband when I was expecting. When you get to the ride just tell them your not riding. I did it on space mountain, test track, rocking roller coaster, etc.
This is what I did. I just told the CM that I wasn't riding when we got up to the front.

While it was never because she was pregnant, DW chose not to ride several of the thrill rides. She would find a place to sit and people watch while I rode those. She enjoyed doing that. The same could work for you if you like people-watching.

I have a friend who went while she was pregnant. While waiting for her family, she would do a character meet & greet. She saved all the solo photos to show her baby when she was old enough. She made sure she did these meet & greets with her whole family as well.

While it was never because she was pregnant, DW chose not to ride several of the thrill rides. She would find a place to sit and people watch while I rode those. She enjoyed doing that. The same could work for you if you like people-watching.

I like doing this to a point. I guess it depends how many thrill rides they want to go on and how long the wait times are.

I have a friend who went while she was pregnant. While waiting for her family, she would do a character meet & greet. She saved all the solo photos to show her baby when she was old enough. She made sure she did these meet & greets with her whole family as well.

I like this idea. I often avoid a lot of the character meet and greets because the lines are too long, but in this case I probably have time for it. My 5 year old might be jealous though :rotfl2:

[QUOTE="FireflyTrance, post: 58706161, member: 348785"
I like this idea. I often avoid a lot of the character meet and greets because the lines are too long, but in this case I probably have time for it. My 5 year old might be jealous though :rotfl2:[/QUOTE]

That's why she did repeated most of the ones she did alone with her family. You can also ask your 5 year old which meets you should do. That way he/she will feel included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter