• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to do...

twinz

I agree with getting my WDW fix
We will be travelling to WDW in September with a co-worker and her three kids (6, 8 and 9 yr old boys). We will be leaving VERY early on the 24th (3:30am--as we have to drive from Toronto to Buffalo). We will arrive in MCO at about 10:30am. We can not get into our vacation home until 4pm. This is their first trip, and we have been numerous times. We need something to do to kill some time, that won't wear us out. WE want things to be magical for them.
Also they don't seem very excited yet. We have made them a countdown calendar, and had them watch the vacation video. We have also bought them the Disney book for kids by kids. What other things can we do with them to get them more inthe spirt? We were planning on making autograph books with them later in July.

Thanks

Kids this age don't usually get excited anticipating things..... they are out of control with excitement when it is HERE..... Mine are the same way... they are excited but not as much as me....Also they don't really know what to expect, we do....*G* We talk about it all the time and watch everything we can that has anything to do with disney. Of course we are leaving in one week..... so it might be good for you that yours are not that excited yet...... Have a great trip............:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We always arrive in Orlando around noon and our first stop is the Character Outlet stores. My kids love getting a lot of stuff without spending a lot of money. This also halts the gimmies all week. ;)

We then stop someplace for lunch. Isn't the worlds largest McDonalds in Orlando? By that time we can head to the hotel and check in.

Another idea might be to check out FAO Schwartz, the ripley museum, putt putt. To get into the disney spirit you can go to DTD. My son loves the Lego store!

Downtown Disney is another great place to go. You could also go resort hopping. It's hard for people who have never been to get too excited because they don't know what they're in for. I suggest you start with something that shows them just how huge and wonderful WDW is!

Try taking a monorail ride. Just seeing the MK and riding through Epcot will get anyone into the Disney mood. Also consider a resort character lunch. That would give them a real taste of Disney. Do all this and you will have trouble keeping their excitment under control until you get into the parks the next day!!!

Jordan's mom

You said you can't get into your vacation home until 4 p.m. Is it a DV home? If it is, can't you have your luggage stored & then just relax by the pool until your room is ready? After getting up so early you will probably need a little relaxation.

BLIZZARD BEACH!!!!!!!!!

I am assuming that you are renting a car. I would head right to Blizzard Beach! Pack an extra bag with swimsuits, towels, sandals, sunscreen and a fresh change of clothes. This would pretty much kill your whole day! The kids will be so busy sliding and swimming that they won't be bothering you and moms can relax! You can have lunch there and arrive at your vacation home refreshed and freshly showered!

Have a back up plan in case of bad weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter