What to Expect mid-winter

Cornucopiaoflove

Earning My Ears
My DH and I are headed to Europe for a wedding in February, while not the most ideal time to visit the park, it may be our only opportunity to travel there. Does anyone have any experiences with visiting in winter? We're not afraid of the cold/snow because we live in New England, but I'm just not sure what to expect.

I think I've already referred at least 3 people to this trip report :P but it's a good one Lurkyloo's report: https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...now-new-12-18-details-tour-of-towers.3666985/

Please note, yes, there is a chance of snow, but also the amount of snow in the report was in an unusual winter. So if there is snow, they will do their best to take it off the pathways as soon as possible. If princesses are meeting outside, or in the parade, they will be in winterwear, as might be some dancers in the parade.
It's not announced yet, but I believe Pays des Contes Fees and the ride next door Casey Junior usually have their refurbishment in winter.
We don't have rides like Kali River Rapids or Grizzly River Run, or any other rides where you can get soaked. Sometimes you get some splashes on Pirates, but nothing major, a few drops perhaps.

Dress warm, wear layers, and enjoy the ride.

It's a wonderful time to go!! Unless you're there during the February school holidays it's usually fairly quiet. The opening hours are fairly short (could be around 6pm during the week, 8pm on weekends), but you can still get plenty done during the day, and have a relaxing evening... Maybe even enjoy a swim in your hotel pool, depending on where you're staying.

I'm not sure if the dates have already been announced but the Star Wars celebration in the Studios park has been in the winter the last couple of years, and last year they also had the Princesses and Pirates season in the main park. We haven't managed to catch the Princesses and Pirates one yet but it's very popular with the fans, and the SW one is good fun, the evening show in the Studios alone is worth the trip for us (stage show + projections on the ToT....)

As mentioned above most lines are inside and there are only a few rides which are actually outside. It does mean that you may need to take layers off when you go inside some rides (I find Star Tours and POTC particularly warm). February is usually on the dry side (too cold for rain :D) and if you get a nice sunny winter day... it's absolutely gorgeous in the parks.

So dress warmly (layers), don't forget hat and gloves (or if you do, head straight into one of the shops to get some nice winter DLP gear) and enjoy :)

I'm not sure if the dates have already been announced but the Star Wars celebration in the Studios park has been in the winter the last couple of years, and last year they also had the Princesses and Pirates season in the main park. We haven't managed to catch the Princesses and Pirates one yet but it's very popular with the fans, and the SW one is good fun, the evening show in the Studios alone is worth the trip for us (stage show + projections on the ToT....)
No pirates & princesses next year. They have just announced a Frozen Festival from 11JAN - 3MAY 2020. So yay for something new :) , but boo that Pirates & Princesses is not returning :(

No pirates & princesses next year. They have just announced a Frozen Festival from 11JAN - 3MAY 2020. So yay for something new :) , but boo that Pirates & Princesses is not returning :(

I just saw that!! I’m guttered that I never got to see the pirates & princesses... will have to try better with the frozen festival 😄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!