What to have delivered?

mamateacher

Mouseketeer
So, we've always done a grocery store run before we get to the hotel, but DH does not want to do that this time. He would like to try a delivery service (going to research which one is best after this). What is on your must have list? We are doing the DDP so we won't need a ton.

Thanks!~

Last edited:
We've never actually done it, but we are planning to have a grocery service (like you, not sure which one) deliver...

- a couple cases of bottled water so we can have fresh, cold water each morning before filling from QS locations the rest of the day, and also when we come back to the room for our afternoon breaks
- Gatorade (I figure the electrolytes can't hurt in the summer)
- small breakfast items for a few days when we'll be having in room breakfast - probably Pop Tarts for DH and some kind of breakfast bars for me
- fruit (I always feel like this is hard to find when I'm eating at Disney)
- maybe some baby carrots (same reason as above)

Adult beverages
Other beverages (water/soda/tea)
Breakfast items
Snacks for park
Plasticware / Paper Plates / Ziploc Bags

DDP is too much food to begin with. Not sure really anything is needed. You will get your drink mugs for DDP. I bring a Contigo water bottle for the parks. Fill up my DDP mug at the resort, dump it in the Contigo prior to leaving for the parks so it stays cold. Not sure how many snacks or breakfast items are needed if you are eating DDP all trip. It’s a lot of food.

Since you have the DDP, I would just order drinks for the room and perhaps some breakfast items. When we've done the DDP in the past, we would either use snack credits or split a QS breakfast. We also would split a lot of QS lunches, so we didn't run out of credits by also having breakfast. We used snack credits while at the park, so we didn't pack anything with us. I like to carry as little as possible in the parks, so I never carried our DDP mugs. We used them in the room for morning coffee, but that was about it.

If you are on dining plan, do you really need to make an order? Then you have to pay for delivery, pay the bell services fee, tip...

You can just pick up snacks/water at the resort gift shop, it's not really that expensive. I grab a couple bottles of wine, bagels and cream cheese during our stays :)

If you are driving, you could just stop at a Speedway onsite. There are two with convenience stores (near Boardwalk and MK). When we are on the dining plan we just get cases of water, Gatorads, and a few snacks like crackers, or pretzels. I'm in a mobility scooter and if I don't rids, but wait (sometimes an hour or more) i am never hungry or leave from nearby area. Also, late at night a few crackers and cold drink are enjoyable. ( don't consider a stop at Speedway a grocery stop, but rather a change to fill the gas tank!)

So, we've always done a grocery store run before we get to the hotel, but DH does not want to do that this time. He would like to try a delivery service (going to research which one is best after this). What is on your must have list? We are doing the DDP so we won't need a ton.

Thanks!~

This is kind of an unusual question since you regularly stock your fridge with items you like but of course we don't know what you like.
I guess I'd order water bottles for room time and maybe some noshes. Last time we ordered anything for the room it was a bottle from a nearby wine shop and a few tins from an online caviar store. Made for a nice adult trip with the addition of various goods from the club lounge and food court.

Truthfully, nothing is on my must have list. Maybe bottled water if anything. We normally do the deluxe dinning plan and have too many snacks, etc. to use. The only other thing is possibly some granola bars for breakfast - but the charge of having such a small list delivered isn't really worth it.

We use Walmart they have more of the stuff we are use to. Amazon prime now is nice in a pinch they deliver in an hour or the next even 2 hour block, you dont have to have a reservation so that is nice.
We did Walmart twice last time once I did grocery pick up where we went there and they brought it out and the second delivered.
Walmart - Use the code FASTCAR and you can get one free delivery normally 9.99 (Doordash is the delivery service)

Our must haves are stuff we need in the room late night snacks such as granola bars or chex mix
water bottles and my kids like the kool aid sticks for the bottles
We always get a small meal or two like mac and cheese cups or ravioli cups. My kids are really hungry in the room I guess its all the walking the do or that they are not being entertained.

We pack some things and also use Garden Grocer- they've been great. We also have a studio or full kitchen. On our pool days we like to have lunch in the room.
We get:
cases of water
individual orange juice cartons
bagels and cream cheese and peanut butter
toaster pastries, instant oatmeal, granola or protein bars ( bring)
cream
cheese and crackers and pepperoni
frozen French bread pizza
chips, microwave popcorn, grapes
cherry tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, a pepper or two..., maybe some Applegate sliced ham...

We use Garden Grocer. Our list is usually the following:
-cases of Poland Spring water
-seltzer
-juices
-high quality toilet tissue
-high quality facial tissue
-paper towels (mostly for hand washing)
-soft soap pumps
-disinfecting wipes for surfaces
-fresh fruit
-ready to eat veggies, such as carrots
-yogurt
-granola, protein bars
-nuts

We always used Garden grocer but this time used Amazon prime Now and it was amazing! You get a two hour window and it is great! We actually never use the dining plan and try to only do parks every other day so we cook in the room many days. We have coffee milk etc for morning along with cooked breakfast items (eggs bacon toast etc). Fruit and veggie snacks since it seems to be hard to come by and then a couple of meals to cook (spaghetti, chicken) etc. the only negative about ordering alcohol is you must be present when deliveries happen. We are going to skip wine this time to avoid having to be there.

If water is all you need then I would just get a case from Disney. By the time you order it from a grocery delivery service and pay their delivery fee you might as well gotten it from Disney.

We always used Garden grocer but this time used Amazon prime Now and it was amazing! You get a two hour window and it is great! We actually never use the dining plan and try to only do parks every other day so we cook in the room many days. We have coffee milk etc for morning along with cooked breakfast items (eggs bacon toast etc). Fruit and veggie snacks since it seems to be hard to come by and then a couple of meals to cook (spaghetti, chicken) etc. the only negative about ordering alcohol is you must be present when deliveries happen. We are going to skip wine this time to avoid having to be there.
Is there an added cost using amazon prime now and where is it delivered in your resort? can you explain it a bit more? thank you.

Prime Now is great for the parks. We always order bottled water, snack foods, fruit, breakfast, etc and it would be waiting in our room when we came back from the parks. Delivery is free if you order a minimum amount (I think $35?) otherwise it's $5. They do encourage tipping, though.

Adult beverages
Other beverages (water/soda/tea)
Breakfast items
Snacks for park
Plasticware / Paper Plates / Ziploc Bags

DDP is too much food to begin with. Not sure really anything is needed. You will get your drink mugs for DDP. I bring a Contigo water bottle for the parks. Fill up my DDP mug at the resort, dump it in the Contigo prior to leaving for the parks so it stays cold. Not sure how many snacks or breakfast items are needed if you are eating DDP all trip. It’s a lot of food.
True....we don't need that much, but we like to buy the bottled water and have a few snacks on hand while at the hotel. The first year we went overboard with food and didn't end up eating half of it. Now, it's just necessities and the bare minimum.

is it amazon pantry for just like a case of water? and then a charge? and do you have to get it or it's delivered to the room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!