What to have delivered?

is it amazon pantry for just like a case of water? and then a charge? and do you have to get it or it's delivered to the room?
The resort charges $6.00 per order for deliveries left w/ the front staff and in room deliveries. At BWI, our delivery went to their convention center via Fed Ex, we picked it up, and there was no charge. No idea what happens at other resorts and can't speak about Amazon Pantry.

If water is all you need then I would just get a case from Disney. By the time you order it from a grocery delivery service and pay their delivery fee you might as well gotten it from Disney.
This is so true! After doing some research, I am shocked that a case of water is $12.99 through GG.

If you order Amazon all the time at home, take the delayed delivery I get $5 prime now credits every time, And I break up my orders so I get more of them. I think I have $30 in prime now credit. Its a better deal than the subscribe and save

sometimes the credit is digital device like a rental movie or something

Where do you enter your name and reservation # when ordering from Amazon prime? Is it the 2nd address line?

We use Walmart they have more of the stuff we are use to. Amazon prime now is nice in a pinch they deliver in an hour or the next even 2 hour block, you dont have to have a reservation so that is nice.
We did Walmart twice last time once I did grocery pick up where we went there and they brought it out and the second delivered.
Walmart - Use the code FASTCAR and you can get one free delivery normally 9.99 (Doordash is the delivery service)

Our must haves are stuff we need in the room late night snacks such as granola bars or chex mix
water bottles and my kids like the kool aid sticks for the bottles
We always get a small meal or two like mac and cheese cups or ravioli cups. My kids are really hungry in the room I guess its all the walking the do or that they are not being entertained.
This is great to know. Thank you for sharing

If you are on dining plan, do you really need to make an order? Then you have to pay for delivery, pay the bell services fee, tip...

You can just pick up snacks/water at the resort gift shop, it's not really that expensive. I grab a couple bottles of wine, bagels and cream cheese during our stays :)
The hotel gift shop is actually cheaper for many items when compared with Garden Grocer. For the little that you’d need, get it in the gift shop and replace as needed.

I don't pack basic toiletries. Shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, Advil, shaving cream, laundry detergent (washer in room) etc.
I buy it (or have it delivered) in Florida in the same stores I'd get the stuff at home.

FYI, I needed delivery for the first time ever this trip (ended up using air tix originally planned for a shorter trip, so didn't pay for checked luggage, and now needed to buy more than 3 oz of many staples!).

Instacart is running a promotion, free delivery for the first two weeks after signing up. I could choose from Publix, Walmart and a few other stores. 1 hour delivery, though I could have selected the most convenient time for me. And Art of Animation has no delivery fee unless you want it sent to your room. Instacart delivered right to bell services and I picked it up there.

Of course, I will still have to leave all these liquids behind when we leave. I should have just paid to add checked bags to my plane tix, but live and learn!

I think it really depends on your party and your needs. I looked into it a little while back for my solo trip since I was thinking about doing breakfasts in my room to save a little money. Like others have said, if you're only ordering a small amount it turns out the delivery services really won't save you much money (if any) over buying a few necessities at the gift shop. The big thing I was looking at was fruit--but while you can get fresh fruit at (closer to) regular grocery store prices from GG, by the time you put in the minimum order and pay the delivery fees it seems to me like a lot of hassle for not a lot of savings. It seems like the break-even point comes in when you have a larger family, particularly if you're eating two or more meals per day out of your room fridge.

Have you considered packing some non-perishable foods in your luggage? After having dug into it a bit, my plan is to buy some Larabars and that kind of thing at my regular grocery store and bring them in my checked luggage, and when I get there I'll just suck it up and pay the ridiculous $2 per banana at my resort's food court--energy bars from home, a $2 banana, and a "free" coffee refill in the resort mug (which I'm buying out of pocket since I'm not on the DDP) is still cheaper than buying a full breakfast, and buying a banana per day from QS is no more expensive than a delivery at the start of the trip.

Disclaimer: the $2/banana is an estimate based on having seen a $1.79 price tag in a QS photo; that number may not be accurate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!