• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to hold your tickets in?

LisaNJ25

DIS Veteran<br><font color=aqua>I paid $300 back i
Where does everyone like to hold their tickets. I will be the holder of our families 3 tickets and I am concerned about getting them wet or doing something to the magnetic strip. Is their anywhere I can buy I little plastic ticket holder thingy?

They have plastic holders that go around your neck at the parks and resorts.

We just keep our tickets in our pockets. We always stay onsite, so our tickets are on our roomkeys and they're hard plastic. I did bend my once, but the lady at the front gate called this guy over and he brought a card straightening device and fixed it.

I don't think you have to worry too much about the magnetic strip. Just don't leave them around magnets. One lady on the boards did say that she had hers demagnetize after keeping them in a bag with a magnetic latch.

I have a fanny pack that has card holders in the front pocket. I keep them and my room key in there. I've never had a problem with this method.

I put them in my fanny pack. Mine has a section for "credit cards" so I can easily get to them. Do be careful about not letting them rub up against your credit cards, if you are carrying those, as that will de-magnetize your tickets.
-MrsAPalm

I found colored plastic picture holders(like you get in wallets) at Claire's. They were under $1 and I got a different color for each family member. Someone on the boards suggested this last summer and it worked well.

Originally posted by bobcat
I found colored plastic picture holders(like you get in wallets) at Claire's. They were under $1 and I got a different color for each family member. Someone on the boards suggested this last summer and it worked well.

Didn't you find that more difficult when you had to go for fast passes?? I put all the tickets (We have 5 in our family) into one of the little holders that WDW gives you when you purchase your ticket and put them in a zippered compartment of my purse which was easy to get in and out of. It worked well.

Purchase A Passporter! It has pockets for all your tickets, receipts, etc., and it has TONS of useful information about WDW! It even has areas to jot down notes, memories, and any other information you might need later! It is a wonderful book!

What about those little waterproof necklaces. I know they hold alot and when your on the water rides you don't have to worry about getting them wet. I got mine a couple of weeks ago at KMART for 1 or 2 dollars.

24hr Fitness Centers sells a lanyard with a plastic rectangle attached for keeping you membership card in,I thought that they would be Great for carring you WDW Tickets in!! I think they sold for $5.00 or less.

I only wear shorts with a back pocket that can be buttoned or velcroed closed. I put my room key and everyones passes in my back pocket, and keep the front pocket for cash.

We're using the Claire's holders too. Except DD lost hers so I think I will slice one of the others apart, since it has 3 slots.

If you pay for your room with American Express and you are staying in a Disney resort, you get "white glove" package. One of the things you get is a lanyard for your resort ID. Each adult in the party gets one.

I was at Walmart today and I found a plastic holder that is attached to a lanyard for 97 cents! It had a pocket in the front to slide a card into and on the back was a larger pocket with a zipper slide (like on the one zip plastic bags) These were hanging on the end of a display near electronics.

When ordering the Disney Vacation Planning Kit on the official Disney Website you get a free plastic holder that goes around your neck.

Love my Passporter too!

I used the plastic holder that you put fishing licenses in. It has a zip-lock on the top, made of heavy plastic and can be pinned on, it you want too. I believe I got mine at Walmart in with the fishing supplies.

It is true about demagnitizing, the same thing happened to my debit card, it completely erased my info rendering my card worthless.

carib01a.gif

I slip mine into one of those little plastic trading card covers (like the kids use for pokemon cards) and keep in in my fanny pack. This keeps them from bending and getting wet. You can also punch holes in them and hook onto a keychain lanyard. Perfect for taking your room key to the pool,etc. I also took a blank business card (the type you can print your own cards on, and printed out the type of pass and a checkmark for each day the tickets are good for - I then cross off each day as I use it) and keep this inside the plastic cover also. At a glance, I can tell how many days are left. This works great considering I always have left over days for the next trip and I can track them easily.

:bounce: We just returned 24hours ago from WDW. I seemed to be the designated ticket holder. I had two methods--#1- I used a small snack size ziploc and put all tickets in the envelope Disney gives (prevents bending cards--the ticket machine readers are very fussy )and then in ziploc, then in front pocket of my hip sack. I put nothing else ever in front pocket to risk ever unzipping it and losing tickets. It would only get opened for entry and fast pass use.
#2-- I bought a completely waterproof hipsack (designed for canoeing etc.) at a sporting goods store (Galyan's) it can hold anything -wallet,money,tickets and even a camera--this was the only way I could think of to keep things dry at waterpark. It has a rol down top the then latches. Disney does offer locker rental but who wants to pay $6+ and not have money with you when you want a snack and across the waterpark?
We just returned from WDW and traveled with a 11yr old boy, and grandparents-- so if you have any questions, need hints anything just email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter