What to serve with fruited chicken salad?

mar3990

<font color=FF99FF>Loves Disney World and softball
I am hosting a wedding shower in four days and have yet to finalize my menu. I tried a new recipe for chicken salad with grapes. pineapple and manadarin oranges. It is very good but sweet and has plenty of fruit in it so I don't think I should serve fruit on the side. What would be good to serve on the side? We are having croissants, nuts , mints and a relish tray. My Mom thinks I need to serve something else and I guess I do too but I don't know what. Another salad doesn't seem appropriate neither does just a bowl of chips(although something salty with that salad would be good). Thanks for any ideas.

How about some sort of rice dish that can be served at room temp?

Or you could do something like parmesan crisps which can be baked ahead and don't have to be served warm.

dt's ideas are good. Also, some sort of quiche or fritata (sp?) or any kind of egg dish might be nice. Or instead of just croissants, you could have a variety of breads, including mini muffins. Cheese wafers are good, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter