What to Wear to Parks?

TinkKel

Mouseketeer
Since all the summer clothes are going on sale, I'm trying to buy stuff NOW for our trip next year (My son's think I'm anal, I have a list already on the fridge, then everytime I get groceries at Super Wal Mart I buy one thing from the list, so I won't have to buy it all at once)

Anyway, JC Penney has some really cute "Tankinis" on sale, and I'm wondering if it would be inappropriate to wear a tankini top with some regular shorts to the park (we'll be going in May) I want to wear something cool, and I can get wet for the rides that have water involved. Also, can boys wear swimming trunks? (with shirts, of course) You usually can't tell swimming trunks from shorts anyway.

Okay, you experienced people, please let me know about what is typicaly worn at the parks, I don't have a clue! (this is our 1st trip, YIPEE)

Techinically you can wear what you posted. Remember that w/ a tankini top, they are usually made out of Lycra. This will make you sweat more. If you are looking for the advantage of a tank top (not having to wear a bra, but looking for the support and concealment of a bra) try a cotton tank with a shelf bra. Sometimes the better ones are alittle more. But they should be on clearance around now.

I have seen people wear everything and anything to the parks. Remember that parks like MGM and Epcot don't really have anything you'll get very wet on. (Epcot-- nothing MGM may have one ride where you may get lightly sprayed). Kali river is the only ride you usually get soaked to the bone-- I want to change wet. Splash MT-- well you may get soaked you may not. Nothing usually like Kali river though.

Remember to have very comfortable shoes-- that is the most important thing to wear. Just wear clothes that breath and you are comfortable in. May is Hot in Orlando.

Thanks for the advise! I didn't think, but you're right, that type of material would cause sweating. I do like the idea of something with a built-in bra though, so I won't be :Pinkbounc (sorry guys) Maybe I'll wear one just on the day we expect to get wet. I hate the idea of wearing something cotton and have it plastered to me....and don't really want to have to change clothes. It's all about convenience to me. I travel light and want the minimum amount of fuss. Thanks again!

Keep in mind that the park you'll get wet in is AK. Looks like you'rwe going in the summer, so remember that AK is about 10 degrees hotter than the other parks. My suggestion is bring a change of clothes with you. I'd hate for you to roast.

You also might want to find tank tops made of a fabric called coolmax. They cost a little more but the fabric doesn't cling to you as much and is made to wick moisture keeping you dry and cooler. I just bought one for my DH and to test it i hand washed it and rung it out then let it air dry mostly dry in 3hrs and completely dry at 4 1/2hrs. dried wrinkle free. My DH also says that it's one of the softest tees he has and that was before washing(he wants more).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter