What type of camera to bring?

Figaro30

Proud to be an American
It's me and my mom going and we are both participating in the dolphin swim. Will one of us be able to take pictures of the other or will be both be busy at the same time. Also what type of camera. I have a Canon Elph. Should I bring that one or buy one of those disposable water cameras????

You can take it from the shore, but you can't take a camera into the water. A regular camera should be OK for shore photos.

They have photographers that take pictures during the whole Dolphin swim and they are happy to sell them to you afterward! They're $15 a piece, but you'll buy some anyway! :) If you want to take your own pictures, you could ask for different swim times and take each others pictures, but this will take up a chunk of your time!

For everything else, a camra is great! Buy one (or two even!) of those disposable underwater camras - you can carry it everywhere - aviary, tropical reef, pools - and if it's sunny, it'll take great pictures. Buy them before you go or pay a premium when you get there!

During our dolphin swim (me and DD) my husbank stood on the shore and took pictures. Unless you have a zoom lens, you are generally so far away, the pictures are not worth taking. You might at well buy their's.

Get one of the disposable underwater cameras from WalMart, Fuji makes a good one. You can get some great pictures of the Coral Reef fish and the Stingrays. The also take great pictures outdoors, on land (27 exposures). You can't take them on the dolphin swim, and I agree with the poster above, you can't really get close enough for your own photos without a telephoto. Even at $15/a piece, the DC photographer's were wonderful!!:D

I AGREE WITH BRINGING DISPOSABLE CAMERA'S TO D.C. FOR THE SNORKLING AREAS.THEY DO TAKE GREAT PICS. ALSO,JUST SO U KNOW THE FISH AT D.C. ARE NOT AFRAID OF PEOPLE. I WAS ABLE TO CLOSE IN ON MANY FISH AND GET GREAT PHOTO'S. AHH, WHAT THE HECK,BUY 2 CAMERA'S THERE ARE SO MANY BEAUTIFUL THINGS TO PHOTOGRAPH. HOPE U ENJOY YOUR TRIP!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!