What type of DL tickets should we buy for 4 days?

Nick6300

DIS Veteran
We’re basically DL rookies. We’re trying to figure out tickets for a Dec 17-20 4 day trip (arriving late am 12/17, departing first thing 12/21). We’re likely going to try to arrive around 7am (1hr early) or maybe earlier since this is the wknd before Christmas. We’re at the HoJo so no early hours or whatever it’s called.

We compared Get Away Today with Sams Club Travel and Undercover Tourist and UT won. Do you have a better way for discounted tickets?

from what we’ve read on MaxPass, leaning towards adding that, but not sure PH is worth the extra $100 for 2, just for the extra flexibility on FP throughout the 4 days and staying 2 hrs later on 2 nights not starting at DL (10pm-12am)? I’d guess that security would take a lot longer during this wknd to PH as well with the crowds (unless no. Guests still restricted by then).

I would hold off purchasing tickets until we know more about how multi-day tickets will work after the park reopens. I like to buy from UT, I love max pass, and I recommend hoppers for anyone who will be there 4 or more days, you'll want the flexibility.

Totally agree with above. There is no need to buy this early given the current circumstances. It's possible you will need date-specific tickets in the future. And, if DLR operates at full capacity before your trip but people are not yet flying/traveling at the right numbers, we may even see some ticket specials.

I'm not speculating, just saying it's enough uncertainty to wait a bit. Tickets can easily be purchased 1 week+ out.

I vote yes on the Parkhopper, which will get you a Magic Morning and the value is the flexibility to mix and match daytime activities with night time shows, as needed. I also vote yes on Maxpass, especially combined with Parkhopper (you can book return times in either Park).

GAT and UT are both good. Note it's consistently reported that Sam's Club charges tax on DL tickets which other resellers do not. We are not members, but look into it when comparing. :thumbsup2

Edit: to correct myself

Last edited:
Totally agree with above. There is no need to buy this early given the current circumstances. It's possible you will need date-specific tickets in the future. And, if DLR operates at full capacity before your trip but people are not yet flying/traveling at the right numbers, we may even see some ticket specials.

I'm not speculating, just saying it's enough uncertainty to wait a bit. Tickets can easily be purchased 1 week+ out.

I vote yes on the Parkhopper, which will get you a Magic Morning and the value is the flexibility to mix and match daytime activities with night time shows, as needed. I also vote yes on Maxpass, especially combined with Parkhopper (you can book return times in either Park).

GAT and UT are both good. Note it's consistently reported that Sam's Club charges tax on DL tickets which other resellers do not. We are not members, but look into it when comparing. :thumbsup2

Thanks! I didn’t know that the Magic am required PH rather than base 3+ days.

UT was cheaper than GAT and Sams.

I’m with you... I’m not really afraid of a price increase to make up for lost revenue, given how bad that would look. I don’t think great odds for a discount near Christmas, but doesn’t seem to hurt to wait either, given something like only DL being open could affect your ticket purchase.

We did book our flights for both WDW in Sept and our DL in Dec, and both hotels (all w/ pts). We have the 4 day 1 park a day special tickets plus mnsshp for Labor Day. We didn’t buy trip ins- the Sept trip was booked long before COVID dominated. For DL, I got scared that prices would start to climb with the rebounding oil and reopening news. But it does seem like WDW will at least be open in some form in Sept now w/ the Universal 6/5 news. Wouldn’t think they’d let Comcast take more than a few weeks or so of zero Disney competition. we wouldn’t cancel if open w/ restrictions. Excited to begin planning FPs for WDW and familiarizing with what DL has to offer.

I’d suggest LMTC, they are consistently the cheapest prices around. (We went in 2018 and 2020!)

I’d splurge for the PH and the max pass, unless you have very young children.

You can still get magic morning I think (that just requires a 3 day ticket I believe.)

Good luck

I’d guess that security would take a lot longer during this wknd to PH as well with the crowds (unless no. Guests still restricted by then).
Whether the benefits of park hopping are worth it is up to you, but I do want to clear up one thing: you do not have to go thru security to Park Hop (both gates and Downtown Disney are within the security bubble).

The two gates are yards apart so the only waiting will be to scan your ticket at the entrance to the other park, which often is not more than a few minutes wait at any point in the day.

The parks are so close and it’s so easy to go from one to the other, you can almost think of DL and DCA as one big park.

As has been pointed out by previous posters:
DLR does not charge tax on tickets -- theme park tickets are not taxed in CA -- so make sure that you are not taxed wherever you buy DLR tickets. Sam's Club does charge tax, which can negate any discount. UT, GAT, LMTC are all well liked authorized discount vendors here -- and they don't charge tax.
You only need a 3 day or more ticket to get a Magic Morning at DL -- whether a single park or park hopper.
And you won't need to go through security to get from one park to the other -- the parks are within the security zone and are about the length of a football field apart from each other.

I’d suggest LMTC, they are consistently the cheapest prices around. (We went in 2018 and 2020!)

I’d splurge for the PH and the max pass, unless you have very young children.

You can still get magic morning I think (that just requires a 3 day ticket I believe.)

Good luck

What does LMTC stand for please?

With today's announcement for restricting ticket sales and catering to those who already bought tickets and AP... I think I'm ok for Sept WDW with my UT tickets and MNSSHP passes since date specific?

I don't think there's been any news yet for DL, but do you think we should be quickly buying tickets to make sure we can go in Dec? I didn't think DL tickets were date specific, so how would Disney even know who bought from authorized sellers. Maybe it would be a first come first served situation with a reservation queue for specific dates, until filled up? I thought Shanghai Disney did this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!