What Type of Refillable Cup You Like Poll

Which type of cup would you prefer?

• Total voters

XSeabiscuitX

Duffy's Biggest Fan
I am working on refillable cups for a large cruise group. The cups are a surprise so I don't want to ask them directly, so I thought I would poll you lovely people. I like acrylic cups better personally, but everyone I've seen talking about them seems to be talking about the stainless steel ones. The stainless steel ones are more expensive though so I can't get them in as big of sizes for this particular project. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

I am working on refillable cups for a large cruise group. The cups are a surprise so I don't want to ask them directly, so I thought I would poll you lovely people. I like acrylic cups better personally, but everyone I've seen talking about them seems to be talking about the stainless steel ones. The stainless steel ones are more expensive though so I can't get them in as big of sizes for this particular project. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
While either would be fine, for me, personally, I just use the cups provided onboard. I don't really like to be doing dishes when on vacation.

I do use a refillable water bottle, however. But, since it's only filled with water, it doesn't require as much washing.

Have you given any thought to maybe doing the Manna bottle style instead of a cup style? This would make them easier to carry into port. It doesnt necessarily have to be a Manna bottle if cost is an issue but just some bottle style instead. I took a bottle rather than a cup which made things easier in the airport, doing my laps on deck (easier to carry) and taking into port.

We travel with 20 oz. Yeti tumblers because hot stays hot and cold stays cold. Start the early day off with coffee or hot chocolate and it stays hot for several hours. By mid-afternoon, it's soft-serve ice cream. Hate the SS straws, the metal against my teeth feels awful. We have reusable silicone/plastic.

We travel with 20 oz. Yeti tumblers because hot stays hot and cold stays cold. Start the early day off with coffee or hot chocolate and it stays hot for several hours. By mid-afternoon, it's soft-serve ice cream. Hate the SS straws, the metal against my teeth feels awful. We have reusable silicone/plastic.

Another vote for Yeti and reusable plastic straws.

Yeti magnetic slide without straws. I just can't fathom how you get a straw clean and anything that takes disposable straws would mean it would likely leak fairly easy (where as the slide lid can be closed and only open when drinking).

We use Yeti cups (travel with the 20oz size) and either the yeti plastic straws or some stainless straws we bought off Amazon.

Yeti magnetic slide without straws. I just can't fathom how you get a straw clean and anything that takes disposable straws would mean it would likely leak fairly easy (where as the slide lid can be closed and only open when drinking).

I just use the brush that came with our stainless straws on all the reusable straws in the house. We rinse when we are done using them and then use the brush with hot soapy water when we wash.

I just use the brush that came with our stainless straws on all the reusable straws in the house.

And 2 weeks after that brush being dirty? Also this is meant for on the boat which goes back to my thought you are unlikely to be carrying around that brush even then.

And 2 weeks after that brush being dirty?

That's why you clean the brush with hot soapy water too? Throw them in the dishwaher once a week and rinse well with clean water?

Also this is meant for on the boat which goes back to my thought you are unlikely to be carrying around that brush even then.

They don't take up a lot of space at all. You can easily throw them in a carry on. Once it's in the cup, you leave it there until the end of the day when you clean it.

That's why you clean the brush with hot soapy water too? Throw them in the dishwaher once a week and rinse well with clean water?

They don't take up a lot of space at all. You can easily throw them in a carry on. Once it's in the cup, you leave it there until the end of the day when you clean it.

I personally just don't buy you can truly get a brush or straw clean over the long haul. Lets just say you can because that is more personal preference to avoid all straws.

The point of the bottle though is specifically for a large group on a ship. I have dealt with people who plan for room drops and conference attendee supplies. There is a reason you see so many give out water bottles without straws/openings for straws. People don't have their straws on them (or lose them) and are left with a cup they are trying to drink coffee/oj from then putting water in then putting soda in.

I stand by the idea to avoid anything with a straw. Its personal preference but also something I see common in larger events. The only time I see straw based containers is when they go the very cheap route and its the plain cup with screw on flat lid/straw in the middle.

Do most people bring dish soap to wash your bottles with in the room? Typically we only stay in hotels for 2 nights at a time so I just rinse and fully air dry the water bottles but they would have to be washed if used for more than water or for a whole week.

long time fan of TERVIS (we have a shelf full) I recently received a YETI knockoff and there is NO denying it can hold the cold longer. I have put glasses of ice water in same sized glasses when I go to bed and in AM the Tervis is maybe cool while the stainless has ice . . .

pretty much stopped using straws ... but if you like and are afeird of cleaning you may want to look into pasta straws to bring along.

pretty much stopped using straws ... but if you like and are afeird of cleaning you may want to look into pasta straws to bring along.
Infortunately, not gluten free, so not for everyone. DW is gf, and prefers to use a straw for cold beverages. I just use a Tervis.

I would go with stainless as they keep the drink colder. But reusable straws, man, they are love them or hate them, and they cause some STRONG feelings. Just be sure you poll your group before giving them out.

I just used a new 24oz Bubba steel one. But it’s painted an aqua color in a soft matte finish. I only used it for water or Diet soda so it was easy to keep clean.
(Walmart). I love it!

Some people use straws for medical reasons. I have Crohn's. When my nausea is really bad a straw is much easier to drink with than out of a bottle or cup opening. Just something to think about OP, assuming you know your group well enough to know if this may be an issue for someone.

Another vote for an insulated stainless steel cup/bottle (if bottle, make sure it's a wide mouth version). For our family (2 adults and 2 toddlers), we bring a mish mosh of 12-32 ounce HydroFlask wide mouth bottles . BTW, RTIC is having a huge sale right now so you may get a good bulk deal.

We also pack a bottle brush and detergent so that we can wash the bottles out at night and let them dry overnight. Easy peasy!

Last edited:
And 2 weeks after that brush being dirty? Also this is meant for on the boat which goes back to my thought you are unlikely to be carrying around that brush even then.

Yes, we bring the brush with us when we travel. We have several. One always stays with our luggage and another is in our camping stuff.

Do most people bring dish soap to wash your bottles with in the room? Typically we only stay in hotels for 2 nights at a time so I just rinse and fully air dry the water bottles but they would have to be washed if used for more than water or for a whole week.

We do bring soap with us when we travel. I have a small reusable squirt bottle we refill. Generally we just use a wash cloth from the hotel with the soap. Sometimes I just add dish soap to a cheap sponge that is cut to single use size and let it dry and then pack them in a bag. I pretty much only do that when we are carry on bag only and I have to watch how many liquids we are traveling with. But 98% of the time we just bring the dish soap.

I have travel ones which collapse and store in small plastic box that also has a collapsible brush. Takes up very little space. I don't generally like using straws at all but I've dumped a load of ice onto my face one too many times when trying to drink from a cup with lots of ice. I'll probably take them with me on our next cruise though a refillable bottle or mug will probably be less issue than buying a drink at the parks. Still, given it's so small, it's nice to have and easy to throw in a pocket.

If a number of people are likely to be getting hot drinks, I'd avoid the metal ones unless they're very well insulated. I love them for cold drinks but I'm not a big fan for hot ones, even with some of the insulated ones because they can still be uncomfortable to the touch. OTOH, metal tends to stain and retain flavours less than plastic ones so it's easier to switch between coffee and water without aftertaste. And then - does size count? I don't like large ones especially for hot drinks since I prefer mine at a particular temperature and a too large cup, even if insulated, will have too much variability for me from start to finish. Plus you can go fill up anytime you want. I guess it depends on how often you think people will want to be filling up. Still, unless you really know people's preferences - and you don't want to ask them - I'd pick whatever you like best and go on the assumption that some will like it and others might not but they wouldn't have had anything at all if it wasn't for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter