What was on your Christmas list as a kid?

My parents always tell the story of the year that Pound Puppies were the thing that every kid had to have. My dad called multiple toy stores on a daily basis until he found one that had just received a shipment. And he raced out of work to buy me one. That was the only thing I had wanted for Christmas that year.

My parents always tell the story of the year that Pound Puppies were the thing that every kid had to have. My dad called multiple toy stores on a daily basis until he found one that had just received a shipment. And he raced out of work to buy me one. That was the only thing I had wanted for Christmas that year.
Ah yes...the good old days before on-line shopping. My big sister did the same thing to score me the coveted Easy-Bake Oven all those years ago and she did something similar decades later to get my DS a first-generation Wii when they were all the rage. :goodvibes Good memories!

Last edited:
I wished desperately to be able to celebrate Christmas... but every year came and went with nothing...

Ah yes...the good old days before on-line shopping. My big sis did the same thing to score me the coveted Easy-Bake Oven all those years ago and she did something similar decades later to get my DS a first-generation Wii when they were all the rage. :goodvibes Good memories!
My parents did all their Christmas shopping for the toys via the Sears catalog and the mail carrier delivered them to the house.

The Sears Christmas catalog was actually called the "Wish Book" during my childhood and without it, I wouldn't have even known of how much wonderous stuff there was in the world to want! :sad1: Sears Canada bankrupted 3 years ago and thinking about it actually hurts my heart. I know you still have the retail stores - does Sears in the States still produce the catalog?

No, that catalog went the way of the dodo a long time ago. I'm surprised Sears is even still in business. I have a feeling it won't be for very long. It is sad to see such an old, well-established company slowly fade out of existence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter