What was on your Christmas list as a kid?

I was a Barbie Girl through and through. Over the years I got a Barbie House, her Corvette, The Barbie and the Rockers Tour Bus, her swimming pool, a Space Station, Barbie and the Rockers Sound Stage and I'm sure tons of other things I can't even remember.

I played with my Barbies long after I was "too old" for them.

I think I played with my Barbies til I was 13 or 14. I was crushed when I had to store them away for all of the new things that I loved

I adored (and still adore) Barbie. I had the Friendship airplane, the Dream House, Swimming Pool, tons of furniture and a huge box full of dolls and clothes. My favorite was Francie.

@disneychrista, I had that same Holly Hobby easy bake! :love:

I remember asking for Barbies, I specifically recall Western Barbie with her horse Dallas, and Pink n' Pretty. I loved both of those.

I was one of the lucky kids to get a Cabbage Patch doll the year of the craze. I kept her all these years, still has the baby powder smell in her hair.

Oh and my other favorite I asked for was a kitchen set. Fridge, sink, oven. Santa brought the fridge and sink one year, and the oven the next year.

41F370A1-1562-4A6F-A558-0D00ADAFD57E.jpeg

Barbies! Barbies! Barbies!
Care Bears
My Little Pony
Rainbow Brite
Anything Shera
Strawberry Shortcake
American Girl Dolls
Kitchen Littles

If it was miniature, pink, overly girly, and/or a doll, it was on my list.

I swear, I’d still play with this stuff if I had the space. You better believe if my son ever gets into dolls, I am on it!
I think i had the same list

It's funny - thinking about it I don't recall ever really having a Christmas list. I remember asking for specific things for my birthday, but for Christmas I always seemed to just get things that were surprising, sometimes that I didn't know about. It was the 80's so I was into all of the toy rages, but like I didn't have any He-Man guys until one Christmas when I had like a ton of them all set up fro me thanks to Santa. I got my first two Transformers from y Godparents who always seemed to know what would be hot and gave the best gifts - I'm not sure Transformers were even on my radar yet. I got a Nintendo without even really asking for one, though I was plenty happy to get it! After that I probably did ask for video games but I was getting older. My "Red Ryder BB Gun" was the Super Nintendo that I was certain I wouldn't get - but then I did.

Barbies were always on my list as a kid. My Little Pony spent a good chunk of time there as well. Practically begged for an American Girl Doll but never got one. Had most of the books for the original 4 girls.

I wanted all things barbie- the dream house, corvette, camper.
If it was in the JCP catalog and it was barbie, I wanted it.

I may have written down anything and everything that I wanted from the JC Penney holiday catalog.
...front and back side of the paper. :rolleyes1

In my defense, they had so many cool toys in that catalog! (and it was better than the Sears holiday catalog, imo)

I actually don't even remember wanting anything super-specific. I would just go through the Sears Catalog and circle everything that I liked, and I would end up with some of it and maybe some other things too. I was always happy with whatever I ended up with.
The Sears Christmas catalog was actually called the "Wish Book" during my childhood and without it, I wouldn't have even known of how much wonderous stuff there was in the world to want! :sad1: Sears Canada bankrupted 3 years ago and thinking about it actually hurts my heart. I know you still have the retail stores - does Sears in the States still produce the catalog?
I wanted an easy bake oven. I never got one.

So I bought one for one of my kids one year for Christmas. We never used it. It’s probably in the back of a closet somewhere.
Interesting that you can sort of peg everyone's age by their responses here! :goodvibes

:cloud9: I was 8 when I got mine - Best. Christmas. Ever. I coveted it with the "eyes squeezed shut-fingers crossed-hopes and prayers-squirming with excitement" kind of want that only a kid from my era could identify with. We weren't poor, but I certainly didn't have everything I wanted whenever I wanted it. Aspirations for a big Christmas gift could literally become an obsession and the sweet, sweet jumping-up-and-down joy of receiving one is an experience I'm sorry my son has never known. I wonder if any of our kids really have? :scratchin

I was 8 when I got mine - Best. Christmas. Ever. I coveted it with the "eyes squeezed shut-fingers crossed-hopes and prayers-squirming with excitement" kind of want that only a kid from my era could identify with. We weren't poor, but I certainly didn't have everything I wanted whenever I wanted it. Aspirations for a big Christmas gift could literally become an obsession and the sweet, sweet jumping-up-and-down joy of receiving one is an experience I'm sorry my son has never known. I wonder if any of our kids really have? :scratchin

I hear what you’re saying. My kids don’t want for, need or ask for anything really. They enjoy Christmas and getting gifts, but it’s definitely not the same excitement we had as kids.

Barbie dolls, clothes, accessories, furniture.
A record player and records.
Ice skates.
Super Thingmaker.
Mystery Date game.
Posters and accessories for decorating my bedroom.

In 1977, I asked for Kenner Star Wars action figures.
In 1978, it was a Kenner X-Wing Fighter and/or TIE Fighter.
In 1979, I was drooling over a Kenner Millennium Falcon.
In 1981, I coveted the Kenner AT-AT (along with just about every other kid that year).

See a theme forming?

I never did get the Millennium Falcon or AT-AT. Well, not until I was 50+ years old anyway! 😄

Not the ugly electric green itchy cardigan sweater my mother got me one year. She thought it was so pretty. I loved navy blue, white, classic colors. Not electric green. You could almost see it in the dark. It was like day-glo green before day-glo green existed.

Star Wars action figures. The Christmas that my sister and I got the Death Star play set was a pretty awesome holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter