What was the best event or tour you have done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigger in a kilt

DIS Veteran
I thought it would be fun to hear what people consider the best event, tour, or dessert party they have done. Anything counts, as long as Disney offers it as an up-sell, and it can be a seasonal (eg MNSSHP) or special event, or something that is offered year-round (eg a dessert party or Keys to the Kingdom).

To start the thread off, we have booked the following for our trip in October: MNSSHP; Fantasyland Extra Morning Magic; Keys to the Kingdom; and an Illuminations cruise. I also hope to do the Caring for Giants elephant tour at AK, which sounds amazing. Anyone else want to share?

It wasn't an upsell, but the 24 hour events were awesome, especially the year they brought out the villains.

As far as upsells go, MNSSHP is fantastic. I could sit and watch the HM ghosts for hours. :love:The whole atmosphere during the parties is just awesome.

Unfortunately, they discontinued it - Club Villain. It was such a great evening!

MNSSHP and Pirates and Pals!

Club Villian sounds amazing - it’s such a shame that they no longer run it. I’m sure there is a huge market for more access to villains, as seen by their popularity at MNSSHP.

Tough question because I really haven't been disappointed in any of the upsell experiences we've done.

Caring for Giants in AK was really quite good and one of my faves. I also like that it's very reasonably priced and doesn't take up a huge chunk of time. I give Behind the Seeds honourable mention here for the same reasons and equally as entertaining.

I love EMM in Fantasyland and also really enjoyed the version they had in DHS a couple of years ago. Riding TSMM 8 times in a row without having to get off was a real highlight.

MNSSHP for seasonal event is so fun. Where else can a grown woman dress up and trick or treat without a care in the world? Always a good time.

We too have never had a bad tour of event. We recently did Keys to the Kingdom tour and it was fantastic. We had a great tour guide named Jocelyn. She is so knowledgeable and fun. But I have to say we loved when we did Dine with an Imagineer at the Brown Derby. Tom was our CM and he was excellent.

You can get a negative review of almost anything on these boards, but the tours are almost universally praised. We've done the KTTK and MTMK tours they were both wonderful. Because we are HM devotees we LOVED the MTMK tour for the behind-the-scenes look at the attraction. :earsboy:

Mine is easy. And I just did it
Tiffins Talk with Joe Rohde, just last Wednesday night. DH and I agree it was hands down the best extra we've ever done, and we've done a lot of them

Second place is Club Villain, now defunct.

Third place is also now defunct, the Sunrise Safari that you could book as a Club Level guest at AKL

Some great replies so far - it sounds like there are a lot of amazing options!

Mine is easy. And I just did it
Tiffins Talk with Joe Rohde, just last Wednesday night. DH and I agree it was hands down the best extra we've ever done, and we've done a lot of them

Wow! This sounds incredible!

Never had a bad experience with a tour or an experience...costly, but worth it

1) Family Magic Tour
2) HEA Dessert Party
3) Star Wars Dessert Party
4) Frozen Illuminations Dessert Party
5) Pirate Adventures (kids only)
6) Pirates and Pals
7) EMM in Fantasyland
8) Cake Decorating at Amoretta’s
9) Void
10) Hot Air Balloon
11) Most character meals

Looking forward to a Keys to the Kingdom Tour and Lunch with an Imagineer when my daughter is old enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter