What was the best event or tour you have done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still have fond memories of the Disney Institute, and attended several back stage tours hosted by actual artists and imagineers.

Which one did you prefer/ is there any overlap? I've just booked MTMK for 31st October and KTTK for 5th November and am slightly concerned it's tour overload. I'm also a Haunted Mansion nerd (I have a Disney Paris Phantom Manor tattoo!) so just wanted to get that backstage glimpse.

For HM it's MTMK, no question. MTMK is a much shorter tour (under three hours) and there isn't so much overlap with KTTK that you'll be bored. If you think you'd enjoy both I'd say stick with them. You have some days in between the tours as a buffer, I think it's fine. KTTK does take up a big chunk of the day, the only down side I see is if you had a number of other things you wanted to do that day. :earsboy:

This is in no particular order:

1) Backstage Safari - At least that was the name then - I don't think they off it anymore. You got a tour of the animal enclosures and backstage areas of the park. We pet a rhino and saw a giraffe up close. This was back in 2002 so it didn't include many extras - just some bottled water and packaged snacks, but I thought it was very neat.

2) Keys to the Kingdom - This tour is awesome and I would love to do it again.

3) Candlelight Processional - At DL and Epcot. I LOVE this and would almost always choose it over MVMCP

4) MVMCP - COLD and bad cookies/hot chocolate. Seems wrong that you have to pay extra for the holiday fireworks and parade, but it is very festive.

5) MNSSHP - Fun, but not sure it's worth the money. I do love the Halloween parade and Hocus Pocus show. I would not take little kids who can't stay up late because it's so much money.

6) F&W festival events - we did the French Luncheon a few years ago. Lots of wine, little protein. Led to me taking a 3+ hour nap! It was fun, but not sure it was worth the money.

Years ago before they offered the dining plan I went to WDW with a package called Discovery Magic (I think that was the name) it included a number of wishes per day. The wish could be a meal (and I don't believe the Signatures counted for 2) or something like a tour. It was so great and the best part was the meals INCLUDED gratuity. So the servers would load you up with freebies (like a lobster tail side or bottled water to go) to increase their tip. This was probably the best thing we ever purchased at WDW. Certain recreation was included (mouse boats), but not horses at Trails End. This was even before the Silver/Gold/Platinum plan.

Can you tell me more about Caring For Giants?

It's a behind the scenes tour of AK. You meet up near the Safari entrance and at tour start time you are taken backstage and transported by van to the backstage viewing area of the elephant enclosure. Once there, you are handed off to one of the elephant keepers who provides info on how they are for them, a little about each of their elephants all while you get a nice unobstructed view. There is no guarantee which ones you will see, but you are there for a good 45 minutes or so, so lots of chance for different elephants to come and go. You also get to chat with another CM (the one during our tour was from South Africa) about conservation efforts. Lots of chance to ask questions and take pictures. They then return you by van to where you started the tour and give you a little souvenir to take with you. All in, it was about an hour total.

This is in Disneyland - the Hungry Bear Fantasmic! dining package and the Blue Bayou Fantamic! dining package. As far as I can tell the hardest show to get a good view of, in either DL or WDW, is the Fantasmic! show in DL so for me the diining packages for that show have offered the best value. I really like eating at the Blue Bayou and the Hungry Bear gave a great seat view when we went for a low cost (though the food wasn't so good).

My absolute favorite was MNSSHP. DD15 and I did our first one last October and it was amazing! I loved planning for the trip - picking out costumes and decorations. The party itself was so much fun! I especially loved seeing all the other costumes. The CMs were the nicest all around. The parade was cool, as was Hallowishes. I loved just walking onto every ride we wanted (besides HM - that was crazy). Trick-or-treating was so much fun!
F&W was a real close second, and if it wasn't for all the people there, it would probably be number 1. We were only there for a quick weekend trip, so we had no choice but to go on a Saturday and it was wall-to-wall people. But the food was amazing! I loved that the portions were small enough that I wouldn't feel bad throwing out something I didn't like. Fortunately I never had a problem though, I loved everything!
I also thoroughly enjoyed the KTTK tour. I can't wait to do that with DD in a few years. It was such an amazing experience!

Wild Africa Trek is definitely one of my favorites. I was also pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed Illuminations Frozen Dessert Party last year. Just having a chair and not having to stake out a spot was well worth the cost, in my opinion.

I really loved Highway in the Sky. It's pricey but it was a BLAST. I also really liked the Behind the Seeds tour in Epcot. Cheap and you learn a lot! Another one I did was the Parisian Breakfast during Food & Wine. They're not joking about those bottomless mimosas, and the pastries were great. I'm normally someone who isn't into donuts & stuff, they usually are underwhelming to me, but they had a great spread there and I felt like there were lots of tasty options.

Has anyone done any of the Epcot Seas Adventures tours? I have looked at these several times but have yet to pull the trigger. I was wondering if anyone has any experiences to share.

The Segway tours. We did the one in Epcot in World Showcase, as well as the one at Fort Wilderness.

Denise

Why did it not?
There are official reasons, but these are the unofficial reasons that I could come up with:
Price
Complaints that it wasn't an all adult event
Low attendance on too many nights
Park ticket was needed
Expensive to produce
Tied up the event venue for too long
I do have to add the Star Wars dessert party. Really cool, especially the kids helping out the Stormtroopers.
It's a small thing, but families are thrilled if they're selected.

E nights. Sure do miss those.

Me too! I remember on one night it was freezing cold, so the MK was like a ghost town. I did BTMRR 3 times in a row.
My favorites were both at AKL, "Wanyama Safari" and "Lunch with an Animal Keeper".

1. Dive Quest at Epcot.
2. Wild Africa Trek at AK.

I've never had a "bad" tour/upcharge, it's just hard to add too many with the $$ they cost! (...says the girl considering MVMCP and Candlelight Processional meal for December)

PHXscuba

Has anyone done any of the Epcot Seas Adventures tours? I have looked at these several times but have yet to pull the trigger. I was wondering if anyone has any experiences to share.

My family enjoyed this tour so much the first time we tried it, that we did it again two years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter