What was the most beautiful view you have ever seen ?

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
The Vegas strip at night, followed closely by NY at night. I know most f you rightly love a beautiful nature scenery. But were all different and I get so excited at neon, concrete and steel. ( and the smell of napon in the morning, jk, but I know my answer is a bit off)

The Vegas strip at night, followed closely by NY at night. I know most f you rightly love a beautiful nature scenery. But were all different and I get so excited at neon, concrete and steel. ( and the smell of napon in the morning, jk, but I know my answer is a bit off)
Well, I tried to pick just one as "the" most beautiful, but with multiple trips to Alaska, Canada and China, as well as Europe and various spots here in the US, I couldn't pick just one......

DH and I used to have a chalet on top of Grandfather Mountain between Blowing Rock and Linville, NC. I had to rise just as dawn was breaking to prepare breakfast. There were 3 walls of floor to ceiling glass in the family room/kitchen area. It never failed to take my breath away when I'd enter that area from bedroom. Sky all around me was every shade of pink, lavender and purple!!! If there were any clouds, they floated right through the room. It was a dreamy place, and one of the best we ever lived.

It’s hard to pick just one, but I’ll go with the Napali Coast of Kauai, Hawaii...
View attachment 366574
(This is not my photo, but I took a similar non-digital one back in the day.)

WOW

DH and I used to have a chalet on top of Grandfather Mountain between Blowing Rock and Linville, NC. I had to rise just as dawn was breaking to prepare breakfast. There were 3 walls of floor to ceiling glass in the family room/kitchen area. It never failed to take my breath away when I'd enter that area from bedroom. Sky all around me was every shade of pink, lavender and purple!!! If there were any clouds, they floated right through the room. It was a dreamy place, and one of the best we ever lived.

I cant even imagine that, why are you living my life

This may sound weird, and I'm not sure if it even counts as a "view" but while touring Europe we visited Pisa and I think the Leaning Tower might be the most enchanting thing I've ever seen. I really can't even tell you why I found it so amazing. We're going to the British Isles next time and I imagine I'll be completely :lovestruc in LOVE with the classical castles.

This may sound weird, and I'm not sure if it even counts as a "view" but while touring Europe we visited Pisa and I think the Leaning Tower might be the most enchanting thing I've ever seen. I really can't even tell you why I found it so amazing. We're going to the British Isles next time and I imagine I'll be completely :lovestruc in LOVE with the classical castles.

it counts, dont let anyone define you beauty

Grand Canyon, Norway fjords, Northern Lights, lots of Alaska, many places in Washington State, Bryce and Zion NPs

46646607_10157029179694123_7366153827885514752_n.jpg

This one isn't awful. From my living room window this morning. Way better than shopping. It's the best because I get to see it every day. And, it constantly changes. Summer brings deep blue waters. Winter, the ice makes a mirror.

46646607_10157029179694123_7366153827885514752_n.jpg

This one isn't awful. From my living room window this morning. Way better than shopping. It's the best because I get to see it every day. And, it constantly changes. Summer brings deep blue waters. Winter, the ice makes a mirror.

thats your view, I would never leave home

Seeing the Milky Way with DS just outside Big Sky, Montana. DH & FDIL were exhausted and sleeping. We tried to wake them but couldn’t so we drove a few miles out of town out of the light pollution. It was breathtaking.

Last edited:
Possibly out the window of the lobby of Jackson Lake Lodge. This isn’t my picture. It doesn’t capture the flats in front of the Tetons, which are visible closer to the window or outside on the deck.

jll_lobby_version_edit_1_1400x732.jpg

Other than that maybe Half Dome from the Upper Yosemite Fall Trail in winter.

Well, it's clear that I'm a sentimental sap. :o My reply would have been so different from the rest that I'll keep it to myself.

ETA: I see amberpi was thinking similarly to me. It's good to know I'm not the only sentimental sap.:p

Last edited:
Mount Fugi out of my sons apartment floor to ceiling window, On the 19th floor. I sat on the ledge of the window in awe.
Also, I’m not sure if this one counts as a “view” but it’s one I will never forget.
First glimpse of my son when he departed the plane in Boston from Japan after he was in the Earthquake in March 2011.
I was so happy he made it home after trying to get to the airport for two days, between all the aftershocks.

Well, it's clear that I'm a sentimental sap. :o My reply would have been so different from the rest that I'll keep it to myself.

ETA: I see amberpi was thinking similarly to me. It's good to know I'm not the only sentimental sap.:p

Don't tell anyone...I mean, I should be throwing rocks at kids and yelling "get off my lawn."

Don't tell anyone...I mean, I should be throwing rocks at kids and yelling "get off my lawn."

lol. Yeah, I didn't want kids either, until DH & I accidentally conceived the greatest thing that ever happened to us 27 years ago. Obviously, we don't always know what's best for us.

Last edited:
The view out the window of a float plane while flying above the Tongans National Forest in Ketchikan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!