What was your Favorite Barbie you had or wanted?

I had tons (I may have been spoiled, but my mom says I was merely "well loved"), faves were the business barbie, pretty in pink, a crystal barbie, and a valentine barbie. I really preferred the dark haired ones though since I came out of the womb with dark, dark, hair. What I loved even more than my Barbies though? Jem - I had all of them, and the Misfits; all the accessories, etc. They were too big for my Barbie townhouse (I wanted that not the dream house) and that made me so mad as a kid! Now, my mom and dad must buy the girl everything Vampirina...lol.
You got your own townhouse?! Lucky...I had to share with my two sisters. :snooty:

You got your own townhouse?! Lucky...I had to share with my two sisters. :snooty:

I only had one much younger brother. I did have very close cousins...one would have the dream house, I had the townhouse, the other might have the my little pony house, we were over at each other’s houses and shared like that. Our parents might have known what they were doing:)

Yes!! I had Peaches and Cream, the Loving You one, all of Jem and the Holograms! My sister and I LOVED the Heart Family! 411187865E62E1-089D-44A6-A367-13EE609588F7.jpeg

I didn't have a favorite Barbie, but I did have favorite Barbie playsets.

My favorites were Barbie McDonalds & Backyard Pool Party. The Backyard Pool Party was not Barbie brand-it was a brand called Arco, but it was an awesome set with fun accessories. I owned both as a child and recently bought used ones for my own children on Ebay & they love both sets! Its also amazing the difference in quality with the sets from the '80's compared to the cheaply made sets now.

ETA: I just realized I did have a favorite Barbie: Tropical Miko. I owned one and I just thought she was the prettiest Barbie in the world!

Attachments

• c6f557323d51a05abfc2f9184f1e915e.jpg
    c6f557323d51a05abfc2f9184f1e915e.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 8
  • s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 81lmeZYIZmL._SL1500_.jpg
    81lmeZYIZmL._SL1500_.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

The "Loving You" was the one I was thinking of as a Valentine barbie.

Does anyone remember how the Peaches and Cream smelled?

I had Peaches and Cream and I don't remember her having a smell, at least not a deliberate peach/vanilla scent or anything like that. I do remember her having a bunch of little button snaps on her shawl and the back of her dress that I guess you were supposed to use to create different looks but I could never figure it out, LOL.

Anyway, I loved all my Barbies but I guess if I had to choose a favorite it would have been this one:

barbievalues_4931_878b695f_800.jpg

I was a bit obsessed with the 50s as a child so her aesthetic really appealed to me. Also I must have listened to the cassette she came with a thousand times. 🤪 I loved it so much that when MP3s came out I dug out that old tape and converted the songs to MP3 files (Did the same with my Glitter 'n Gold Jem cassette).

I have to say though that once the new Teen Skipper line of dolls came out in the late 80s my best friend and I were kind of over Barbie at that point and became all about teen Skipper, LOL. I guess she just looked more like a teenager to us than Barbie and therefore was "cooler". We may have been in the minority on that. Then again they DID come out with a lot of teen Skipper dolls, so maybe they were more popular than I realized. I had at least ten of them, not including best friend Courtney and boyfriend Kevin, of which I had a few of those too.

18688860906_375c861f0f_b.jpg

auburn-tigers-war-eagles-barbie_1_391614f2caa45f6a5fb7ce5090779a04.jpg

ut-doll-1.jpg

Damaged-Box-Barbie-Collector-University-of-OKLAHOMA-DOLL.jpg

Barbie-Ballet-Wishes.jpg

RARE-Barbie-The-Look-Glam-Party-Doll-Toy.jpg

2017-barbie-barbie-look-city-chic_1_d1402670e9dd91bb96cef5348173528d.jpg

48f76f1c7a551feeb4537896470e484a.jpg

These all cost $30 a piece. In today's economic environment is $30 a big deal for most people?

I still have all of them - in boxes, just like all my Madam Alexander GWTW dolls - thank god my mom stores them or I would have donated the lot years ago. I was pretty obsessed as a kid. I know it's problematic now. I got those instead of the Holiday Barbies, which I always thought were so beautiful, so I guess I didn't get everything as a child.

I only had the green velvet dress one but I have two versions. One of her as Scarlett O'hara and then one of her as Vivien Leigh as Scarlett. Wacky!

I didn't have a favorite Barbie, but I did have favorite Barbie playsets.

My favorites were Barbie McDonalds & Backyard Pool Party. The Backyard Pool Party was not Barbie brand-it was a brand called Arco, but it was an awesome set with fun accessories. I owned both as a child and recently bought used ones for my own children on Ebay & they love both sets! Its also amazing the difference in quality with the sets from the '80's compared to the cheaply made sets now.

ETA: I just realized I did have a favorite Barbie: Tropical Miko. I owned one and I just thought she was the prettiest Barbie in the world!

I had the same pool set, loved it! I also had Miko, she was one of my favorites. About 8 years ago I passed my collection to my girls and cried the day they broke her head off.

California Dream was another favorite. It wasn’t until years later that I found out she was supposed to come with a Beach Boys record that had a special song written for Barbie, but I never had it! Looking back I can only assume that since the record was the same blue as the packaging that it must have accidentally gotten thrown out with the box. ☹

Another friend of Barbie that I always thought was so pretty was Whitney. I always wanted her but never got her for whatever reason, even though I had tons of Barbies and playsets.

FC11105B-7E3A-4914-9E5F-0C328C432C99.jpeg

My favorite was Barbie's attempt to compete with Jem: Barbie and the Rockers.

c9b04125e02e36919931206802d2425f.jpg
I was just going to post Diva was my favorite doll! (The one on the left) I loved her because she was funky and different (and seeing this picture now I finally remember what the silver scarf was to lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter