What Was Your Favorite Summer Job?

I never had a Summer job, but last Summer and also this Summer I volunteer 2-3 times per week at the Pediatric Hospital my Mom is an RN at. I get the patients water and juice refills, magazines/comics/coloring books with crayons if they want them and even just chat with them if they want. It is sad seeing these kids sick, but they smile when they have another kid like myself to just talk with or color with or something like that. I have also performed with my band on the unit a few acoustic songs we do just 2 weeks ago. It was a lot of fun.
I admire you because I know I couldn't handle seeing kids suffer and be sick like that. You and your Mother must be special people.

I am so excited right now!!!!!! :jumping1:

So back in the beginning of June I applied to work at the Dance Academy I attend classes at as a Junior Instructor to teach the beginners classes to the little dancers. So it has been almost a month and I get a call this morning to set up an interview for the position. We set up the interview for tomorrow at 10 in the morning. The position is a Full Time position for the remainder of the Summer and would go to Part Time 15-20 hours a week when School starts. As I said I would be teaching the Beginners Ballet, Jazz, and Modern classes as well as assisting the regular instructor in the Intermediate classes. I so want this job not only because it will be loads of fun, but it will look great on my applications when I apply to NYU and other Performing Arts Universities.

I am so excited right now!!!!!! :jumping1:

So back in the beginning of June I applied to work at the Dance Academy I attend classes at as a Junior Instructor to teach the beginners classes to the little dancers. So it has been almost a month and I get a call this morning to set up an interview for the position. We set up the interview for tomorrow at 10 in the morning. The position is a Full Time position for the remainder of the Summer and would go to Part Time 15-20 hours a week when School starts. As I said I would be teaching the Beginners Ballet, Jazz, and Modern classes as well as assisting the regular instructor in the Intermediate classes. I so want this job not only because it will be loads of fun, but it will look great on my applications when I apply to NYU and other Performing Arts Universities.
Sounds great! That would look nice, congratulations.

The job interview is in just about 3 hours and my tummy is already doing flops from being nervous. I think it's time for me to get some breakfast into me.

I am back from my interview and I really think it went well. I think me taking my dance classes at this Academy is really going to help me land this job. The owner of the Academy told me she will call me on Monday to tell me if I got the job or not. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I have to wait till Monday. If I do get it I will start the job on Tuesday with a week of training with the old instructor who is leaving.

I am back from my interview and I really think it went well. I think me taking my dance classes at this Academy is really going to help me land this job. The owner of the Academy told me she will call me on Monday to tell me if I got the job or not. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I have to wait till Monday. If I do get it I will start the job on Tuesday with a week of training with the old instructor who is leaving.

I think your going to be just fine! :)

I am the new Junior Dance Instructor at the Dance Academy. It is a full time job including weekends where I teach beginning Ballet, Jazz, and Modern to the real little kids. I also will be assisting the Instructor of the Intermediate Classes. I start my week long training tomorrow with the girl who is leaving the position. I can't wait to start this.

No real job ever for me, but I have volunteered last Summer 10 times at the Swim School I go to and this year 6 times so far washing, drying, and folding towels.

No real job ever for me, but I have volunteered last Summer 10 times at the Swim School I go to and this year 6 times so far washing, drying, and folding towels.

I volunteered at swimming pool at GKTW (place for children who are ill, it's a resort for them to stay here in FL and go to the parks and stuff), for the shift I did all we had to do was monitor the pool, hand out towels, gives keys to guest to rent out lockers, all the stuff. :) I still prefer to volunteer in the restaurant since I can interact with the guests more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!