What were your best & worst Fish Extender Gifts

This fall will be my first time participating in a FE merchants. I'm planning to give tubes of glow sticks and headbands that hold them in the shape of mouse ears.

My family wore them at night at Disneyland years ago and people kept stopping us to compliment us and ask where we got them. :)

Is that a fun idea or a dumb idea? (No offense taken if you wouldn't appreciate it!)

I love that idea, as long as the glow sticks work!!

What do people think about the following? Be honest. I won't be offended.
- Disney tea bags: They sell Alice themed teas in the gift shops at the parks. I know not everyone likes tea, and they have tea available 24 hours at the beverage center. However, these have kind of unique flavors.
- Honey sticks for said tea bags
- LED finger lights: They slip onto a finger with a little rubber band and have a switch that turns on the LED light. They come in multiple colors.
- Mini deck of playing cards
- Pressed pennies: of the ship design and of favorite park characters

Tea Bags and Honey sticks: My husband and Inlaws would love them. I’m allergic to honey and don’t like tea. My kids don’t drink it either but my daughter LOVES anything Alice. I like the hot cocoa idea someone had (maybe for a Merrytime Cruise?)

LED Finger Lights: we have a couple of these, and I thought they were cool at Halloween in their goodie bags, but they are super annoying here at home LOL May be fun on Pirate night though.

Mini Cards: never could actually use them, too small for me.

Pressed Pennies: My kids collect theme from WDW and have a book, so they would enjoy them. If I didn’t have a collector book though, they would get lost somewhere I’m sure.

This fall will be my first time participating in a FE merchants. I'm planning to give tubes of glow sticks and headbands that hold them in the shape of mouse ears.

My family wore them at night at Disneyland years ago and people kept stopping us to compliment us and ask where we got them. :)

Is that a fun idea or a dumb idea? (No offense taken if you wouldn't appreciate it!)
I think that's a great idea.

I like the idea, although most people are not outside at night on the ship. If you can leave people a note and offer that they wear it on pirate night so they can get compliments too!

I would love this!

That is cool. Did you make the headbands?

I like the idea, although most people are not outside at night on the ship. If you can leave people a note and offer that they wear it on pirate night so they can get compliments too!

This will be my first cruise, so thanks for the heads up about people not being outside in the dark like they would be at the theme parks!

This will be my first cruise, so thanks for the heads up about people not being outside in the dark like they would be at the theme parks!
Actually, I think you'll find people outside. Maybe not crowds, although there will be when there are parties going on. We sometimes wander the decks at night. It's lovely.

What do people think about the following? Be honest. I won't be offended.
- Disney tea bags: They sell Alice themed teas in the gift shops at the parks. I know not everyone likes tea, and they have tea available 24 hours at the beverage center. However, these have kind of unique flavors.
- Honey sticks for said tea bags
- LED finger lights: They slip onto a finger with a little rubber band and have a switch that turns on the LED light. They come in multiple colors.
- Mini deck of playing cards
- Pressed pennies: of the ship design and of favorite park characters[/QUOTE]

I don't even drink hot tea and I think the Disney Tea Bags and honey spoons sound cool. I think I would shoot for regular sized decks of playing cards. I saw Disney themed ones at Walgreens the other day.

I've been on 3 cruises all pre-FE lol, so this was great to get ideas for our upcoming!

Recent trip reports reveal that Disney is discontinuing straws on their ships. When available, paper straws are the new standard. So straws would make a great Fish Extender gift, especially for families with children.

for females yes. Males. No

My favorite gift was a hand made make up bag with anchor fabric. We also got from a different family an "in case of emergency" kit that contained a small sewing kit with DCL logo, a Mickey tin with q-tips, and tide stain stick. I add a few other things to it when I got home and took it to work. My coworkers know if they need anything-it's probably in my "magic" bag.
Other favorites:
Pre-made photo album I just needed to add picture to
A wooden photo frame a talented person painted beautifully
Cinch sacks with Disney characters sewn on
CD with Disney music to listen to on the ride home
Sundae kit
Christmas ornaments

I can't really think of anything we didn't like. The candy was consumed by teenage boy and friends so that was welcomed.

Best: A personalized Captain America pillowcase- I couldn't believe how nice it was! It even had our names sewed into each one in the Disney font. I used it as a pillowcase for a couple of years, then took it apart and remade it into a fish extender holder for our cruise last year, so its become our new door holder!

Worst: A gigantic Disney-themed painted plastic charger plate. It was big and bulky and I honestly had no clue what I would do with it, so we left it in the stateroom on checkout. :(

Generally speaking (without getting into specific items), for me personally, I think practical items that I can get some kind of use out of are the best. The worst would be hand-made chotchkie-type items that have no practical use.

So I actually make bath products (bombs and soap). Would this be something ok to gift as a FE? I’m in an adult only group. Thanks for input :)
I love handmade soap! I am also allergic to some scents. So yes and no. Most FE gifts will ask for allergies (although I don't put my sensitivity to scents since I won't die and can give it to someone else if I can't use it).

I love handmade soap! I am also allergic to some scents. So yes and no. Most FE gifts will ask for allergies (although I don't put my sensitivity to scents since I won't die and can give it to someone else if I can't use it).

I use about 1/2 the recommended scent concentration and would more than likely leave it unscented for this reason. I would just color it and make it fun :) thanks for your reply

I love the practical gifts. We received several kits our last cruise and they were handy during and especially after our cruise. We kept them in our cars for quick fixes without having to go through our emergency bags!

Although you can get a ton of them, we also enjoy the keychains. We put them on bags, coats, keys, one was hanging from my rear view mirror for awhile, and we used one for a fan pull once.

I was tired of cups our last cruise. We received so many! Plus we packed our own, so eh. Although I'll admit that our girls love them all, so who am I to complain! lol.

I’m lucky, my daughter is a FE seller on Etsy. She bounces ideas off of me and she’s been doing very well. Whenever I like one of the products, I pretty much just get her to make it for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter