What will become of the Pres. and VP suites at AKL??

lisareniff

DIS Veteran
Does any one know what is going to happen to the Pres. and VP suites that are currently just off the lobby on the 5th floor at AKL?? They were very nice and the living room was a round with a thatch look high ceiling...

The round room with the windows is the living room overlooking Arusha rock...
aklodge2.jpg

I would have thought they would be left as is for high end accomodations (for people who want something that is not a villa)

Cheers
Jason

say where on the map
http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/guest/resorts/resortDetail?id=ProspectsDAKVMapDirectionsPage

and besides I though those things were on the 6th floor?

I'm pretty sure they're on the 5th floor (we stayed on the 5th back in '01, and I'm pretty sure we walked past the entrace every day on our way to the lobby).

I think they were close to the lobby, one on Kudu trail, one on Zebra trail, on the 5th floor (or, rather, their entrances were...I think the ceilings in the living room extended up to the 6th).

okay by the map it doesn't look like the main lodge building will be touched - so if they are off of it - they might remain.

just don't know.

Below is from the condo documents on the Orange County. It shows the boundries of the DVC lease(?). I'm not a lawyer or real estate person so please forgive me on the wording. It's the boundry of the DVC conversion. The two round area just off the lobby on the zebra and kudu trails are the living rooms of the suites. The Presidental suite is on the left (kudu) and the VP suite is on the right (zebra trail). So it should be part of DVC.

4hk28vs.jpg

thanks Lisa - but that is sad....

so these two on travel channel and they are beautiful.

oh well a great place to put a GV.

Yes I agree, that would be a great GV! But with only 6 in the lodge that would exactly fit on the ends of the trails and would match the floor plan they gave. So I'm thinking not a GV. Common room would be nice!

THey should have taken some decorating tips from those suites when designing the AKVs!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter