What will Disney do to combat the heat?

Farro

Argh.
Just thinking, with an opening at probably the hottest and most humid time of year and the massive crowds expected, will Disney have special measures in places to help with the crowds and heat exhaustion, sun stroke? Water misters above and such?

I'm sure large openings have taken place like this before, I just can't recall. :)

Just thinking, with an opening at probably the hottest and most humid time of year and the massive crowds expected, will Disney have special measures in places to help with the crowds and heat exhaustion, sun stroke? Water misters above and such?

I'm sure large openings have taken place like this before, I just can't recall. :)
Toy Story Land opened June 30th. They had umbrellas. All quick service locations you can get free cups of water.

The rest I’m sure will be on your own. They aren’t going to allow massive lines to form at opening from what’s been said and interpreted.

Toy Story Land opened June 30th. They had umbrellas. All quick service locations you can get free cups of water.

The rest I’m sure will be on your own. They aren’t going to allow massive lines to form at opening from what’s been said and interpreted.

The lines was what I was concerned with, so that's good! (I'm not even going, but I was imaging it would be awful)

Hopefully people are smart enough to have enough water with them! :)

2nd day of Pandora opening they had water coolers all along the line to get into the land so I'm pretty sure they will have it ready for SWGE

Personal responsibility has to be the primary factor here. Disney isn't the one in charge of making sure YOU (figurative you, not specific you) stay at the temperature YOU need to be. That varies too much person to person. Doesn't it?
There are always places to go indoors. Always free ice water available. Allow people to bring in individual fans, spray water bottles, cooling towels, etc. They can't be held responsible to make people take advantage of it.
I wouldn't even look to Disney to take care of much more than putting out the free water at the QS like they do, which is really quite generous really. Folks moan and complain about all they take away (and much is deserved without any doubt) but this is one thing that is giving out a direct item they also sell. Remarkable really.

My fear isn't not getting enough water to keep cool, but having to go to the bathroom and being stuck in a crowd never mind a lineup and not being able to meet back up with my family. Taking a water pill, l visit every Disney bathroom they have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!