What will happen after Nov. 2nd

I'll try to add some photos once we're home, but here's how things went this morning, on Tuesday, November 5th. DHS had a 9 am open and Touring Plans predicted a crowd level of 5. Editing to add that it ended up being only a level 2 day.

7:35 Bus dropped us off at DHS
7:39 At bag check. People waiting, but only 5-10 in each line.
7:45 Bag check opened. Went through and waited at the tap points.
8:00 Tap points opened. Went through and were held in front of the Chinese Theater. We were about 3 rows back from the front.
8:25 Cast members had us move about 60 feet closer to the Theater to make room at the back of the crowd.
8:45 Cast members walked us to GE. It's an enormous land!
8:53 Millennium Falcon came into view.
8:58 Given our cards with roles.
9:07 We were off MFSR, wait time listed as 75 minutes

My overall impression: If you plan to do MFSR at rope drop, get there early. The crowds built very quickly. By 8:20 it looked at though Sunset Boulevard was filled most of the way back. (Not sure about that, since my "view" of it was from holding my phone up and snapping a photo.) The Cast Members did a phenomenal job keeping things calm and walking everyone slowly back to GE. It didn't have that on-the-verge-of-stampede feel that the SDD RD crowd did last year. That may vary by day and by where you are in the line, but our experience was very positive.

Last edited:
I'll try to add some photos once we're home, but here's how things went this morning, on Tuesday, November 5th. DHS had a 9 am open and Touring Plans predicted a crowd level of 5.

8:00 Tap points opened. Went through and were held in front of the Chinese Theater. We were about 3 rows back from the front.
8:25 Cast members had us move about 60 feet closer to the Theater to make room at the back of the crowd.

My overall impression: If you plan to do MFSR at rope drop, get there early. The crowds built very quickly. By 8:20 it looked at though Sunset Boulevard was filled most of the way back. (Not sure about that, since my "view" of it was from holding my phone up and snapping a photo.) The Cast Members did a phenomenal job keeping things calm and walking everyone slowly back to GE. It didn't have that on-the-verge-of-stampede feel that the SDD RD crowd did last year. That may vary by day and by where you are in the line, but our experience was very positive.
Thank you for the detailed report! Can I ask was there a wait to enter the land after the official opening at 9? I am personally one of those people worried about a stampede and would prefer to get there once that initial step is done, i do not have a problem with a 75 minute wait for the first time. We waited 4 hours at Universal to ride Hagrids! But that was only after riding it twice waiting 1 and 2 hours and we KNEW we LOVED it!

I'll try to add some photos once we're home, but here's how things went this morning, on Tuesday, November 5th. DHS had a 9 am open and Touring Plans predicted a crowd level of 5.

This is our plan but I'm worried that we won't be out in time for my droid ressie at 9:30am.

Any one have any feedback from yesterday with the 8-9 EMH? I am going next Sunday, and curious on how it was. I understand with the holiday/Jersey week, it will likely be busier on a whole.
Quoting this to see if anyone attended on Sunday during EMH? Curious if/how that was different than the 9 am openings being reported on?

Thank you for the detailed report! Can I ask was there a wait to enter the land after the official opening at 9? I am personally one of those people worried about a stampede and would prefer to get there once that initial step is done, i do not have a problem with a 75 minute wait for the first time. We waited 4 hours at Universal to ride Hagrids! But that was only after riding it twice waiting 1 and 2 hours and we KNEW we LOVED it!

As far as I know, the land never closed and the boarding groups weren't used. I left GE after we rode MFSR so that I could go to ToT while wait times were low. I re-entered GE easily in time for our 10 am Oga's reservation.

I attended on Sunday during EMH and this is how it went for us, we headed to SDD first.
We boarded the resort bus around 6:48am and arrived at DHS around 7am and were in front of the security line.
Around 7:25am we were in front of the pack walking to the stopping point in front of the Chinese theater.
At about 7:40am we were walking towards Toy Story Land with cast members leading the pack. We were on SDD at about at around 7:50am.
We then rode the alien saucers, took pictures with Jessie and rode midway mania.
At around 8:30am the entrance to Star Wars Land from Toy Story Land had opened and we headed to the millennium falcon. Posted time said 60 minutes, but actual wait time was closer to 30 minutes. When we got in line the end was in front of the millennium falcon.
Once we got off the ride posted wait times was 70 minutes I believe and the line was by Oga’s.

I was really worried about how things would work out for us specially being in a large group but I’m really happy with how our day went. Cast members did a really great job controlling the crowd at opening.

As far as I know, the land never closed and the boarding groups weren't used. I left GE after we rode MFSR so that I could go to ToT while wait times were low. I re-entered GE easily in time for our 10 am Oga's reservation.
Perfect, thanks so much.

I'm interested to hear from anyone who arrives between 8:45-9. Will the RD crowd have cleared away by this time? I'd like to ride TSMM, which should have a short wait around 9.

My timeline above was for a day with a predicted crowd level of 5, but Touring Plans says it was actually a 2. I added that info to my post.

Any one have any feedback from yesterday with the 8-9 EMH? I am going next Sunday, and curious on how it was. I understand with the holiday/Jersey week, it will likely be busier on a whole.
I wasn't there, but I watched the wait times during that time. I started a little after 8 a.m., should have started earlier I guess since SR was already 60 minutes. It stayed that way through most of the EMH. Got to 65 minutes at 8:38 and then dropped to 50 minutes by 8:59. By 9:16 it was at 70 and by 9:32 it was at 75. During most of EMH, TSM, SDD, ToT, and RnRC all stayed between 10-20. Almost all of those jumped up to 20-30 closer to regular opening.
I'm feeling quite grateful for the 7am EMH every day Thanksgiving week. We will definitely be taking advantage of it.
I am, too! At first, I was bummed because I had two out of three days planned for RD. But I was able to get a SDD FP for our second day, so we don't have to get to there until around 10. But you can bet on our first day, we will be there for that early opening. Our plan is to go straight to TSM, then half of our group is going to ToT and RnRC while half will get in line for SDD (might as well try to ride it twice on our trip!). Then I'm hoping we can all get in line for SR before regular park opening. At least I hope that's a good plan.

I'll try to add some photos once we're home, but here's how things went this morning, on Tuesday, November 5th. DHS had a 9 am open and Touring Plans predicted a crowd level of 5. Editing to add that it ended up being only a level 2 day.

We were there Sunday. I forgot to reply to your other thread before it got locked down.......

We planned on getting there for emh at 8, but the bus at the contemporary was very delayed. (We waited 40 minutes) so we ended up getting there after emh opening at 8. I think we got into the park around 830 and the line was already 60 minutes. I will say though that it moved pretty fast and it didn't feel like an hour. After, we went back to the front of the park (for Starbucks and a wheelchair) and still had plenty of choices available for Jedi training which I was worried about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!