What will it take for you to feel safe sleeping at Disney again?

From my point of view, there's nothing to be 'afraid' of.

Anyone can get sick at any time. There's all kinds of viruses, illnesses, etc. Some are more prevalent than others, some are more deadly than others. But being afraid of a virus is no way to live. At all. You can contract terrible things like cancer for no reason at all - some of the "fittest" or "healthiest" people I know have major health problems, and some of the most "unhealthy" people I have met or known have lived well into their 90's.

I'm not afraid of getting sick or dying, because death comes to us all. Its the one thing in this world that you can't control. Which is why I say that the goal of life isn't to avoid death....the goal of life is to enjoy it to the fullest and get the most out of it while you can, because you don't have much time - the first 18 years of your life are spent at school under the roof of your parents, and usually the final few years of your life is spent at home or in assisted living because you're too old and frail to do much of anything anymore. That doesn't leave a ton of time in between, especially if you are raising a family. My family still has a WDW trip planned this fall, and as long as the parks are open, we're going. I'm not going to rob my family of lifelong memories because of fear of something like this. To tell my kids that we won't go to WDW because they 'might get sick' is the ultimate cop out, and a sign that you've surrendered to fear.

I understand where the OP is coming from, and agree with others who say you have to make decisions for your family as you see fit. But hiding from a virus that you may get, may not get, or might get and not know it, is no way to live. And if these types of thinking dont change - and soon - our society as a whole will collapse. People need to trust each other. Trust that if you go on vacation, your destination will take care of you the best they can. Trust that your employer will take care of you the best they can. Trust that your neighbor will take care of you the best they can. And lets get back to living.
This 100%!!!

We went away for Memorial Day Weekend. We brought Lysol spray, and also a had a small amount of disinfectant concentrate and a sponge with a ziplock container. When we checked in we spent 10 minutes wiping down all surfaces, doors, light switches, TV remote, ac control, fridge, phone, etc.

We will be doing the same with Disney stay. It made us feel better. We sprayed down the linens As well.

I understand some people may say its not necessary and thats OK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!