What will the WDW MK, AK, DHS, & EPCOT Park daily entrance reservation system will look like?

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
What will the WDW MK, AK, DHS, & EPCOT Park daily entrance reservation system will look like?

Will anyone with an existing ticket be able to enter the theme parks?
Because theme park capacity will be significantly limited as we welcome Guests back to the magic, we will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system that will require all Guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance.

At this time, we are temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations so we can focus on Guests with existing tickets and reservations (Disney Vacation Club members can still make new reservations).

Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold; we’ll be reaching out to these Guests soon to provide additional details. We will resume new ticket sales and hotel reservations after that period of time.

Theme park reservations will be limited due to attendance limitations and will be subject to availability. More details about this new reservation system will be available soon.

I usually plan my annual December reservations as early as I can each yearly.

For the past couple of years, I can't seem to complete my length of stay resort reservations. I know others have had the same experiences even though I may go online or call on the first day allowed.

Sometimes it may be a little difficult to obtain a WDW Pop Century Resort Standard Roll-in Shower room with lower beds, etc.

I guess from now on, I may make these annual reservations over a year in advance.

However, I have never been able to complete my DVC BWV Standard Roll-in Shower Studio with lower beds, etc at the 11-month date for my length of stay without waitlisting or checking frequently.

I understand with these limited types of rooms guests may just have a reservation before my arrival date or because of waitlisting.

The same may hold true for Dining and Fast Pass reservations.

So I thought I would start a thread on how WDW's new Park Reservations might work and how all the other different types of reservations might change whether you buy a regular ticket or annual pass or DVC owner or staying off-site.

Previously or for now time before your arrival date...
490 days to make WDW resort reservations.
18-months to make DCL reservations.
11-months to make WDW DVC home resort reservations.
7-months to make WDW DVC non-home resort reservations.
180-days to make WDW dining reservations.
60-days to make WDW dining reservations. (05/28/2020)
60-days to make WDW fast pass reservations.
Suspended-days to make WDW fast pass reservations. (05/28/2020)
60-day(s) to make WDW park reservations.

I wonder if WDW will only allow one WDW park reservation at a time for only one day at a time?

And if they do, and if available, park hop with a new reservation after you leave the first park?

Or I wonder if WDW will only allow multiple WDW park reservations for each day of your resort stay?

I wonder how many days in advance WDW will allow a WDW park reservation(s)?

I guess I am thinking from a vacation planning point of view as far as to which WDW park to visit each day and in-park dining reservations and in-park fast pass reservations, etc.

What are your thoughts about WDW park reservations and how they might be implemented initially?

I would appreciate any suggestions for adding an open poll for those experienced at making polls and clearer questions than what I have posted.

And I appreciate how everything can change over time and this is all about the speculation of things to come.

No one really knows what will happen?

Walt Disney World Resort Phased Reopening and Important Information

• Pending approval from government officials, the phased reopening plans we submitted call for Walt Disney World theme parks to open beginning July 11 for Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom followed by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15. Learn more.

• Additionally, Disney Vacation Club properties at Walt Disney World and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen to Members and Guests on June 22. Disney Vacation Club properties in Vero Beach, Florida, and Hilton Head, South Carolina, will open on June 15. Disney Springs has already begun to reopen. Upon reopening, theme parks, Disney Resort Hotels, restaurants and other offerings may be modified, limited in capacity and subject to availability or closure. Learn more.

• We have taken enhanced health and safety measures. Follow all posted instructions while visiting Walt Disney World Resort. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. View important details.

Reopening With a New Park Reservation System

The parks will reopen with some important updates to promote physical distancing, including:

Park Reservations: Initially, park attendance will be managed through a new park reservation system. To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required.

New Ticket Sales: At this time, new ticket sales are temporarily paused. Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold. Additional details will be shared with these Guests soon. New ticket sales will resume after that period of time.

New Disney Resort Hotel Reservations: At this time, new reservations at Disney Resort hotels are temporarily paused so we can focus on Guests with existing reservations (Disney Vacation Club Members can still make new reservations). Reservations will resume after that period of time.

Upon reopening, theme parks, Disney Resort hotels, restaurants, attractions, experiences and other offerings may be modified and will be limited in capacity and subject to limited availability or closure, based on direction from health experts and government officials to promote physical distancing.

Additionally, attractions, experiences (such as shows, parades and fireworks), services and amenities may have limited availability or may remain closed. We will provide more information as it becomes available. We reserve the right to cancel any reservations, admission media or purchases and provide applicable refunds. Please also see our policies regarding cancellations by Guests.

Learn about other reopening-related updates.

Top Things You Should Know
Here are the top things to know as you prepare to visit:
Some details may evolve, so be sure to check this page often.

Last edited:
More info will certainly be coming. As you said, no one knows right now. I’m sure it will be coming out very soon.

It’s certainly going to be very stressful for everyone with a vacation planned. Can’t say I‘d want to be in the middle of that!

“Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make a theme park reservation before new tickets are sold; we will be reaching out to these guests soon to provide additional details.”

Curious whether we’ll be contacted, as we don’t have a currently active annual pass, but had already prepurchased one online with the plan to activate on arrival.
I never seem to get AP emails even when I have an active pass anyway, have always had this issue and it seems to be to do with being a UK passholder (although not everyone seems to have the same issue).

We do have an existing DVC reservation, so don’t know if that will help... it only mentions contacting tickets holders, not resort reservation holders...

“Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make a theme park reservation before new tickets are sold; we will be reaching out to these guests soon to provide additional details.”

Curious whether we’ll be contacted, as we don’t have a currently active annual pass, but had already prepurchased one online with the plan to activate on arrival.
I never seem to get AP emails even when I have an active pass anyway, have always had this issue and it seems to be to do with being a UK passholder (although not everyone seems to have the same issue).

We do have an existing DVC reservation, so don’t know if that will help... it only mentions contacting tickets holders, not resort reservation holders...
I’m a US Passholder and also don’t get the emails. Same boat as you, vouchers and a Resort reservation (actually two, August at the Campgrounds and Xmas at AKV).

An Update on Walt Disney World Resort Reservations Thomas Smith by Thomas Smith, Editorial Content Director, Disney Parks

In case you missed it, this week we shared some big news about Walt Disney World Resort, including plans to welcome guests back to the theme parks as part of a phased reopening beginning July 11, pending state approval.

We know many of you are excited to return to the magic and make new memories with your family, friends and loved ones. As we previously shared, as we take these next steps forward, we are introducing enhanced health and safety measures reflecting guidance from health authorities and appropriate government agencies.

When our theme parks reopen, we will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system on DisneyWorld.com that will require all guests to make a reservation in advance for theme park entry. Over the coming weeks, we will be making some necessary updates to prepare for the launch of this park reservation system. Here’s some important information to help you plan ahead:

New Ticket Sales and Hotel Reservations: At this time, we are temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations so we can focus on guests with existing tickets and reservations. Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make a theme park reservation before new tickets are sold; we will be reaching out to these guests soon to provide additional details. We will resume new sales of tickets and Disney Resort hotel reservations after that period of time. Theme park reservations will be limited due to attendance limitations and will be subject to availability.

Dining and Experiences: In order to foster physical distancing during this time, upon reopening, our offerings, restaurants and other experiences such as behind-the-scenes tours will be limited in capacity, and other experiences may remain closed. As a result of limited capacity, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all existing dining reservations and experience bookings, including Disney dining plans included in packages, through the end of the year. We will reopen dining and experience bookings with more limited numbers closer to when the parks reopen. We will also shift from a 180-day booking window to a 60-day booking window for dining and experience bookings going forward to allow Guests to make their plans closer to their visits.

FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours: As a result of the COVID-19 impact, the FastPass+ service will be suspended for the time being as we plan to use additional queue space to manage capacity at our attractions and maintain physical distancing. We will automatically cancel existing FastPass+ selections and share any future updates on the service at a later date. Also, please note that upon reopening, Extra Magic Hours will be temporarily suspended.

We are reaching out to guests affected by these updates with additional information and details on options, including refunds. We understand how much excitement, thought and time goes into planning a Disney vacation and realize some of these changes may be disappointing. Please know we will be here to help you, as we remain focused on delivering a wonderful experience for everyone who visits.

You can visit a new “Know Before You Go” hub at DisneyWorld.com/Updates, where you can find the latest updates on our operations and offerings, including details on how to modify your plans. If you booked through a third-party, we recommend you reach out directly to your travel professional or ticket seller.

We appreciate your ongoing patience and understanding as we continue to keep the well-being of guests and cast members in mind. Stay tuned for more information over the next few weeks on how to use the theme park reservation system and other tips to be aware of prior to your visit. /QUOTE]

Attachments

• 1590718184732.png
    1590718184732.png
    81 KB · Views: 2

I was just posting that!

Well, we got a few answers. No more FP+. All ADRs 60 days out (rather than 180) once that get closer to park opening. I appreciate the information, although I’m sad about my cancelled plans.

More info will certainly be coming. As you said, no one knows right now. I’m sure it will be coming out very soon.

It’s certainly going to be very stressful for everyone with a vacation planned. Can’t say I‘d want to be in the middle of that!

Hi, FCDub.

I agree. Just speaking for myself, I guess I probably won't start worrying until my vacation gets closer to December.

I'm still obsessed about SARS CoV 2 and all of the changes now as probably most folks are as those that are going to WDW soon in July

Hi, meryll83.

That's interesting. I hope WDW contacts you.

Mu WDW Annual pass usually expires every December.

Thank you for your information.

There are no answers and we may be well off from clarity.

Hi, wilkydelts.

But I have learned a lot from many experienced posters listening to their opinions.

I would guess it will be like fastpasses but you just pick a park for each day.

Hi, maryj11.

I was thinking the same thing.

Thank you.

I just posted the info below in a post above from WDW.

FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours: As a result of the COVID-19 impact, the FastPass+ service will be suspended for the time being as we plan to use additional queue space to manage capacity at our attractions and maintain physical distancing. We will automatically cancel existing FastPass+ selections and share any future updates on the service at a later date. Also, please note that upon reopening, Extra Magic Hours will be temporarily suspended.

I guess since they canceling existing FP's they may have other plans in the future.

I’m a US Passholder and also don’t get the emails. Same boat as you, vouchers and a Resort reservation (actually two, August at the Campgrounds and Xmas at AKV).

Hi, marx.

Same here about emails.

I can't wait to hear about your experience from the Campgrounds in August. I love visiting all of the camper's Christmas decorations every December.

Here is my thought regarding DVC members. Right now, they are waiving holding, but what happens if they stop?

It would seem that this system would have to allow you to know if you were getting in the parks at least 31 days ahead.

I am hoping it rolls out in June and they include reservations through September right off the bat so people know ahead of time.

Here is my thought regarding DVC members. Right now, they are waiving holding, but what happens if they stop?

It would seem that this system would have to allow you to know if you were getting in the parks at least 31 days ahead.

I am hoping it rolls out in June and they include reservations through September right off the bat so people know ahead of time.

I heard a rumor that they might roll out park reservations for the rest of 2020 all at once. In some ways that’s needed for DVC members because people have to make decisions about banking 4 months out unless they are going to continue to be flexible on that too. :(

Last edited:
I was just posting that!

Well, we got a few answers. No more FP+. All ADRs 60 days out (rather than 180) once that get closer to park opening. I appreciate the information, although I’m sad about my cancelled plans.
We just lost all fo our ADRs for a second time this year.
Hoping we can get them back when our 60 days opens.
I'm just glad that I can watch for 2 months to see how it works before our 60 days comes up.

I heard a rumor that they might roll out reservations for the rest of 2020 all at once. In some ways that’s needed for DVC members because people have to make decisions about banking 4 months out unless they are going to continue to be flexible on that too. :(
I would be surprised to see that happen. I expect to see the 60 day ADR window go forward until they start letting more people into the parks, whenever that happens.

From the wording Disney has been putting out, here are my predictions:

People who bought normal tickets (x amount of day tickets) will have up to a certain date to guarantee access to at least one park for each day on their ticket. If your tickets were purchased for a certain date range, that still applies. Park Hoppers get a credit of some sort due to only being allowed one park a day. No more park-to-park transit due to the need for all that capacity for resorts due to social distancing. Priority will probably be given to on-site guests.

Next up will be on-site guests who have not linked/purchased tickets yet (that's me). Obviously if you're spending buckets of money to be at Disney, you should be able to get into the parks. I hope that on-site guests will get to this step before off-site guests with pre-purchased tickets, because I stay on-site exclusively for the free transport and perks.

New tickets moving forward you will go day-by-day and select which park you want to visit. Just like the current tickets, you get a cheaper "per day" price if you go more. This is how Disney will avoid the complete catastrophe that would be selling multi-day tickets and not being able to guarantee access for every single day.

AP's will be limited similar to the Disneyland Flex Pass. You can have a certain amount of reservations and you'll be penalized if you repeatedly don't show up for your reservations.

Because of the potentially low capacity limits, I think there's a chance Disney will not guarantee access to the parks to new hotel reservations and they'll require you to purchase tickets and reserve park access when you book your hotel.

Hi, Sandisw.

I agree.

I heard a rumor that they might roll out reservations for the rest of 2020 all at once. In some ways that’s needed for DVC members because people have to make decisions about banking 4 months out unless they are going to continue to be flexible on that too. :(

Hi, WhitneyMB.

I agree. It seems so frustrating.

We just lost all fo our ADRs for a second time this year.
Hoping we can get them back when our 60 days opens.
I'm just glad that I can watch for 2 months to see how it works before our 60 days comes up.

Hi, gharter.

Oh, no. Me, too. Best wishes.

I would be surprised to see that happen. I expect to see the 60 day ADR window go forward until they start letting more people into the parks, whenever that happens.

Hi, gharter.

Yep.

From the wording Disney has been putting out, here are my predictions:

People who bought normal tickets (x amount of day tickets) will have up to a certain date to guarantee access to at least one park for each day on their ticket. If your tickets were purchased for a certain date range, that still applies. Park Hoppers get a credit of some sort due to only being allowed one park a day. No more park-to-park transit due to the need for all that capacity for resorts due to social distancing. Priority will probably be given to on-site guests.

Next up will be on-site guests who have not linked/purchased tickets yet (that's me). Obviously if you're spending buckets of money to be at Disney, you should be able to get into the parks. I hope that on-site guests will get to this step before off-site guests with pre-purchased tickets, because I stay on-site exclusively for the free transport and perks.

New tickets moving forward you will go day-by-day and select which park you want to visit. Just like the current tickets, you get a cheaper "per day" price if you go more. This is how Disney will avoid the complete catastrophe that would be selling multi-day tickets and not being able to guarantee access for every single day.

AP's will be limited similar to the Disneyland Flex Pass. You can have a certain amount of reservations and you'll be penalized if you repeatedly don't show up for your reservations.

Because of the potentially low capacity limits, I think there's a chance Disney will not guarantee access to the parks to new hotel reservations and they'll require you to purchase tickets and reserve park access when you book your hotel.

Hi, Doug S.

Thank you for all of your thoughts. I didn't even think about some of the predictions, but that is why I posted this thread.

I will ask your advice. I've been on the fence about canceling my resort reservations vs. rescheduling... We have decided not to go on our planned August trip and are uncertain as to a date for next year. I've been holding onto my resort reservations as I had thought of just changing the dates but now in light off the inability to book a new resort reservation I suppose it would be best to outright cancel?

Well...my family is screwed. We just purchased our military tickets a few days ago and must use them by Dec 18. Theyre not linked to our resort stay (because (A) they are an Exhange and not a ticket and (B) I didnt even get the chance to see if I could link them since they just arrived today via FedEx.). These are non-refundable if we don't get a reservation.

Hi, Mambo Junkie.

That's a good question. I wish I had an answer for you.

I'm sorry you had to cancel your August reservations.

Maybe reservations will open up a few weeks after parks open in July.

With so many unknowns, You need to do what you think might be best for you.

Best wishes.

I will ask your advice. I've been on the fence about canceling my resort reservations vs. rescheduling... We have decided not to go on our planned August trip and are uncertain as to a date for next year. I've been holding onto my resort reservations as I had thought of just changing the dates but now in light off the inability to book a new resort reservation I suppose it would be best to outright cancel?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter