What will we be able to do from 6/22-7/11?

Joshuy

Earning My Ears
So what activities can we do after the DVC resorts open but before the parks open? Other than Disney Springs? Rent boats? Restaurants? Pools? I suppose no one knows yet other than what was stated in the email but just curious if someone has an idea....

My friend and I are going on a girls trip and we will be planning to visit resorts to enjoy adult beverages,,,assuming we are allowed,

I am curious as well....I did see someone post that they may be doing soft openings for DVC, CMs, and AP holders...so possible that might happen!

Safari at AK (if allowed), bar hop, monorail loop hop (since all monorail have DVC, which we know will be open), walk the Boardwalk...other than what you already mentioned, can't think of anything else.

I will be watching this thread, love to see knew ideas

Go explore the other resorts or Orlando. Other places in Orlando could use your tourist money as well

It's sounding like the pools will be open, so there's that. Disney Springs will be open.

Resort recreation will be questionable. Some activities may or may not be open. Some of the extra-cost recreation may even be questionable even once the parks reopen...boat rentals, parasailing, etc. may not be running for a while still...many unknowns here.

Restaurants will also be questionable as well. I imagine some of the restaurants at the resorts that have DVC will be open. I would expect, at a minimum, the quick service locations to be open...but the table-service dining may be questionable. I can't imagine they will actually open both 'Ohana AND Kona Cafe at the Poly...I'm guessing it'll just be one of those...maybe neither? Same for Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, etc...A lot of resorts have multiple table-service and I can't see them opening ALL of them during this awkward window where the resorts are open, but the parks are not. There just won't be enough people there to justify it. I'm guessing they will open just the basic sit-down places (Kona Cafe, The Wave, etc.), but none of the special/unique/signature restaurants until the resorts reopen to cash guests again.

They may or may not allow resort hopping. They have not allowed it to some resorts on major holidays in the past and may have more structure right now. They want to reduce large gatherings of people, after all.

Is pool hopping allowed? Can DVCers go to other DVC resorts? Will the monorail be running?
Probably not. However-

I feel like the resorts will find some way to make peoples visit special.

Hopefully, this is true. I tend to think so.

I am not sure you will be able to resort hop without a dining reservation. On the resort reopening page under Top Ten Things it has the following:

Please be aware that you'll also need:

*A confirmed room reservation for your stay. Be sure to link your reservation to your Disney account to receive important information prior to your arrival—visit My Plans to get started
*A confirmed dining reservation if you’re a day Guest (not staying overnight)

I am not sure you will be able to resort hop without a dining reservation. On the resort reopening page under Top Ten Things it has the following:

Please be aware that you'll also need:

*A confirmed room reservation for your stay. Be sure to link your reservation to your Disney account to receive important information prior to your arrival—visit My Plans to get started
*A confirmed dining reservation if you’re a day Guest (not staying overnight)

Some are speculating that the dining reservation specifically refers to a day guest...so onsite resort guests still be able to visit other places,

We know BCV can go to BWV for Luna Park pool with SAB closed...so I am thinking there will be some level of access.

We will know for sure on June 22nd when people check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter