What will you and won’t you ride? How will you stay safe?

msdaisy

DIS Veteran
Now that Disney has released what will be available in each park upon opening, I am curious about what everyone’s comfort level will be.

Will you ride everything? Some things? What will you do to keep you and your family safe while in the parks?

For us, it will certainly depend on how Disney handles spacing groups out in line, in theaters, and on the rides. We have seen some areas near us that have spaced 6 feet in front and behind, but then allow someone to stand next to you with some type of divider (which we will not do).

As long as everybody's wearing a mask, my family and I will ride everything that's available. The only deal breaker for me is if we somehow got sat right next to someone who refused to put on a mask. That's the only thing that would make me uncomfortable. Otherwise we're good to go!

I will wash my hands often, don't touch muy face. wear a mask and social distance as much as possible. That's all anyone needs to do. It won't matter how much virus is in the air if you follow the guidelines, you give yourself a better chance

We debated whether or not to keep our January trip. We have been quarantining since March and religiously follow the rules. We saw no family during the holiday. Data shows that family and friend events without masks are the #1 spreader with indoor dining, bars, cafes, hotels, and unmasked religious services are being in the top as well. We have decided to do our vaca (after being isolated all these months, we really need a mental health break. I, and my daughter, have especially had some dark days) and will be taking the following precautions.

1) KN95s in the airport on the plane. No snacks or drinks in airport on plane. Mask stays on.
2) Mask in the rental car the first day. No snacks or drinks in car the first day.
3) Staying offsite in a house. We will open windows and wear a mask for the first few hours we are there as we wipe down surfaces.
4) We will only be doing outdoor dining in the parks, and only eating out once a day (which, tbh, is our norm anyway). We will wear masks until food actually comes and is put on our table.
5) Carrying hand sanitizer and wipes for bars on rides.

I would welcome any other ideas.

^ We were going to stay in Orlando the night we came in and the night before our morning flight out. We switched at the last minute to stay on property for the entire stay. I don't know about the hotel in Orlando, but EVERYTHING on property was very clean, very safe. You won't need to bring hand sanitizer on property - it is EVERYWHERE. We got so used to it that it felt really weird when we got back to LAX and there wasn't any. Carry the hand sanitizer and wipes for the airport on your end. Really try to relax and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter