What will you do with your resort ressie as positive cases quickly increase

Are you going to check-in or cancel in the next few weeks as FL Covid cases quickly increase?

• I am still going!

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • No thanks, probably cancelling.

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • I’m not sure yet.

Votes: 25 34.2%

• Total voters

I'll fly for this Mickey Mouse outfit!
I know someone who says “everyone” is cancelling... well, I want to see how many “everyone” really is.

Now, I am not actually going to Disney, but I am still headed to FL gulf coast to parents. Still, wondering what people are doing.

We have a trip in July (17-26). I'm watching the numbers. I am starting to get nervous, and seriously thinking about cancelling. I'll give it another week or so.

I know someone who says “everyone” is cancelling... well, I want to see how many “everyone” really is.

Now, I am not actually going to Disney, but I am still headed to FL gulf coast to parents. Still, wondering what people are doing.
People who use the word "everyone" in that way are notoriously unreliable.

Look around on these boards, and you'll see a lot of people actively planning their trips.

My trip isn't until February. As of this point we are planning on going. It's our 30th anniversary and we really want to spend it at Disney.

Ive found that a lot of the time when "everyone" is saying something its just the person repeating that info who is trying to validate their own decisions : )

We have a trip August 18tg. We have flights, room, park reservations and some dining at Disney Springs. Moving forward, as of now.

BUt, watching news tonight. They are saying cast members are signing a petition, they don't want parks open. The NBA players are staying in the "bubble", but Disney employees will do their own thing after their shifts, and now are questioning the "bubble" (safety).

Also, Universal called back their employees approximately two weeks ago and now they are talking lay offs with severance pay. Not furlough.

Planning on gping, but willing and more than able to try again at another time.

Taking a wait and see approach. Fortunately the cancellation policies are more liberal than usual at the moment, so I can afford to see what happens.

If we don’t go, I’ll try to figure out something else to do with the kids on my week off. We need a vacation, even if it’s not in FL.

I just pulled the trigger and cancelled a two week stay in September (when we always go) and doubt we'll be back soon, if ever. My husband is battling leukemia and is immunocompromised and doing it solo just isn't fun anymore and there is nobody I'd enjoy traveling with. Never thought I would see the day, but here I am. :sad2:

Fair enough, but you’re probably not going to get a good representative sample of the general public by posting on a site frequented by super-fans. “Everyone” in the real world is way different from “everyone” on Disboards.
Possibly true, but then if a large percentage of “super fans” cancel, that is saying something... but this particular corner of “resorts” is probably not good for traffic as far as a good number of “super fan” responses I am thinking now...

After weeks of going back and forth, and a very nice upgrade from POFQ to Riviera, I cancelled our July 17-26 reservation today. It broke my heart, but I felt like it was the right thing to do for us.

We moved our Sept trip to Dec just to buy more time. My wife and I were getting way too anxious over everything and figured the cooler temps would makes masks more bearable if they are still required.

As of now we are still going in September. We will make the best of it. We went last year the same time during the Hurricane and it was the best trip ever. So, you never know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!