What would you cancel?

uncspin

Mouseketeer
I didn't realize until this morning that I could make my ADRs already (I thought it was still 90 days, not 180). Needless to say, I was beyond excited. So, I went a little overboard and need to cancel some tonight.

The group will be 4 adults (my parents, DH and me). My parents have never been to WDW and will be going with us this year. My Mama is quite picky about food (partially dietary/health related and partially just picky). I know that at every restaurant they can make her something very plain, but I still want her to enjoy the whole dining experience.

So, what do you think I should cancel? I have highlighted in red the items I think I might cancel.

August 21:
Lunch: Sassagoula Food Factory (will arrive around 1 p.m.)
Dinner: Kona Cafe; Cinderella's Royal Table; 'Ohana

August 22:
Breakfast: Chef Mickey's
Lunch: Coral Reef; Teppan Edo
Dinner: Teppan Edo; Grand Floridian Cafe

August 23:
Lunch: 50s Prime Time
Dinner: Citricos

August 24:
Lunch: Kona Cafe
Dinner: California Grill

August 25:
Lunch: Le Cellier
Dinner: Tutto Italia

August 26:
Lunch: Nine Dragons
Dinner: Tony's Town Square; The Wave

August 27:
Breakfast: Grand Floridian Cafe

I haven't been nearly as often as the majority of the people on this board, but I would definitely not cancel Cinderella's table or Chef Mickey's. Just from knowing through trying to book our own reservations, those are very hard to get. I have been trying to get Chef Mickey's for a while now (and we are staying in the Contemporary!) and haven't been able to.

I have a little "heartburn" about cancelling Cinderella's Royal Table, but would be willing to do it because my husband really loves 'Ohana. I have heard mixed reviews of CRT, so that makes me concerned too. Anyone been to CRT and really loved it? Just the idea of actually eating in the castle is magical to me.

I didn't realize until this morning that I could make my ADRs already (I thought it was still 90 days, not 180). Needless to say, I was beyond excited. So, I went a little overboard and need to cancel some tonight.

The group will be 4 adults (my parents, DH and me). My parents have never been to WDW and will be going with us this year. My Mama is quite picky about food (partially dietary/health related and partially just picky). I know that at every restaurant they can make her something very plain, but I still want her to enjoy the whole dining experience.

So, what do you think I should cancel? I have highlighted in red the items I think I might cancel.

Assuming you want 2 or 3 ADRs a day (we always do at least 2), & I had to choose between the restaurants listed, I'd choose the following:

August 21:
Lunch: Sassagoula Food Factory (will arrive around 1 p.m.)
Dinner: Kona Cafe; Cinderella's Royal Table; 'Ohana

If you've never been to CRT, I'd go there. IMO, this is something everyone needs to experience at least once. If you have, go with Ohana, if it means that much to your DH.

August 22:

Lunch: Coral Reef; Teppan Edo
Dinner: Teppan Edo; Grand Floridian Cafe

This day has the potential of being a travel nightmare. I definitely wouldn't go to CM's twice. How about Restaurant Akershus for breakfast (if it's booked, you could keep trying), Coral Reef for lunch, & Teppan Edo. Traveling from CR to Epcot to GF would take up a big portion of the day.

August 23:
Lunch: 50s Prime Time
Dinner: Citricos

August 24:
Lunch: Kona Cafe
Dinner: California Grill

August 25:
Lunch: Le Cellier
Dinner: Tutto Italia

August 26:
Lunch: Nine Dragons
Dinner: Tony's Town Square; The Wave

Never tried either, so I don't have an opinion.

August 27:
Breakfast: Grand Floridian Cafe

The rest look fine to me.

I am I reading this wrong or do you really have 3 ADRs for dinner on one night? Whichever you do cancel I hope you do it soon so others can get an ADR. This is a busy time of year and getting an ADR for 'Ohana on August 21 is pretty well impossible now.

Im surprised to see that you were able to make multile ADRs for dinners and lunches all on the same day, I was told by Customer Service that they will be deleted out of the system if they see the same name and phone number for too close together ressies.,...but of course I could be very, very wrong. ;)

But I wouldnt get rid of CRT, its so hard to get that ADR. Id keep it and I would probably get rid of Tonys, not such a good meal.. Also if I where you I would try to better coordinate dining with parks and think about the travel involved like PP tarheelmjfan already stated. It might be frustrating trying to be all over the place in a short amount of time.

Thanks for all the feedback. When I was making the reservations, I was using a date range instead of just one date. I guess that's how I ended up with duplicates. I talked to a CM yesterday because we needed to note our reservations for needing wheelchair-accessibility and she said that I just needed to remove duplicates/extras within a few days. I think I have removed all the extras, but the jury is still out on Cinderella's Royal Table vs. 'Ohana. The others travelling with me have until Friday to decide. Fun times trying to coordinate!

I would get rid of just about all the ones you have in red. Kona is ok but 'Ohana is better IMO, and CRT is not a hard ADR to make anymore. Sure it is nice to do once for the experience but after that, it's really nothing special.

Coral Reef used to be one of our favs. but after our last couple of visits it has dropped off our list. However, I would choose a CR lunch and GFC dinner over Tappen Edo. If you have a hibachi restaurant that you go to near where you live, just do there instead. What kind of hibachi restaurant doesn't have hibachi rice?:confused3 The portion is small and last time I was there did not include soup or a salad.

I have had bad experiences both times I went to Tony's. Bad/cold food, rude CM's, just not enjoyable at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter