What would you change about Disneyland?

Disney Fool said:

Oh, I sooo agree with that statement! All you Disneyland people, take note:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it! I saw Disneyland for the first time this year and was over-awed by the superiority of the park over WDW's MK. In every detail, DL is a far better park than MK. Please appreciate what you have and fight to save it. Yes, sometimes change is good--but at WDW, there were so many changes, it's no longer the same park! The charm and cuteness of the MK is gone. Yeah, we got plenty of space---but there's nothing in the space! I loved DL so much, I've already planned another trip before the 50th anniversary runs out.
I think you hit it right on the head. The MK is so huge that you're almost swallowed up in it. I especially noticed this on Main Street. The turn of the century feel that Walt intended is gone, swallowed up in the size of the buildings. I still like the MK, but I think DL is much better.

The one thing that MK has that I would love to see at DL is Philharmagic. Put it in the space where the Snow White musical is. That's a big space and now we have the Hyperion over at DCA, so there's not really a need for another stage show there.

For those who mentioned PotC not being so PC and changing it back to how it was, you may get your wish (at least partially). I read online (some spoiler page of rumors for PotC) and it said that a lot of PC stuff is out!

If I find the link (my DH should know) I will post it!

I would love to see the Country Bears back at DL. The Pooh ride at DL is not as good as WDW's.

I want the Country Bears back as well! Pooh is cute, but can't compare to those bears. Anyone know where the animals on the wall are at now? They are supposed to be hanging around somewhere at the park!

I miss the people mover too. I've read that the submarines will be back next year as a "Finding Nemo" ride. I think that's gonna be great.

I think they should get rid of the Innoventions (never go in there) and put back America Sings. That was such a cool ride.

And I also agree that the Holiday Haunted Mansion should be it's own ride!

Our kids are huge Winnie the Pooh fans, but after our last trip to DL, we all agree the Winnie The Pooh ride needs to go. We had to walk out of the ride because it broke down, and prior to that is was closed each time we were planning on going on it. Keep everything else, bring back Country Bears!

I just thought of another one to make tomorrow land better...
bring the stitches great escape. I havent been on it but i loved alien encounters.!

shellncesar said:
I just thought of another one to make tomorrow land better...
bring the stitches great escape. I havent been on it but i loved alien encounters.!
I agree with making Tomorrowland better. It has really gotten kind of dead in recent years. Though from the reviews of the Stich ride at WDW, I don't think that would probably be the best solution! I miss the old Journey into Inner Space ride (the "Molecule Ride") That was a highlight from my childhood. I also loved Mission to Mars back in the day. If Mission Space at Epcot is as great as its reviews, I say bring it over here! Tomorrowland could really use the excitement!

Interesting to hear the kudos for DL over MK...because we go to DL so much, we plan to spend less time at MK this summer on our first trip to WDW than any of the other parks, so it seems that will be a good decision after all.

Sleeping Jedi Beauty, I always love your posts because you provide such a good perspective on how DL and WDW differ and are alike. Great reviews and I always look forward to reading what you have to say. Love your pics, too.

Having spent just one week in the parks in December 04, here are the things that stood out to us.

- The whole area around the subs/people mover/innoventions/Autopia. Very run down, the ghostly remains of former rides, and the sad lagoon. Granted, the new subs ride will go a long way towards fixing this, but either fix up the people mover or dump it!

- The monorail. a few more stations would have made it much more practical and attach it to the park better.

- The DCA salute to industry section. I see the point, but it doesn't work. This is a fun park, not a science education centre. Fill it with another ride or some display

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter