What would you do—3 day Schedule over July 4

Mango7100

DIS Veteran
So our cruise comes back July 3 and we are leaning toward doing the parks afterward—based on the advice of all the helpful people on this board we are going to try to stay onsite (surprisingly there are still lots of resort options available still) and slow our schedule down. Which schedule do you think makes the most sense?

Option 1
July 3–arrive at MK resort around lunch, stay at resort until 5-6 then do MK (hoping they extend the hrs from 10 until midnight). We would stay through the late EMH (fingers crossed for 12-2 am instead of 10-12)and not even watch the fireworks. Hopefully the majority of people will be occupied by staying out a spot for the fireworks from 730-930
July 4–stay at resort all day, watch MK fireworks from resort
July 5-RD MK with AM EMH, maybe break from 12-5 at resort, then return until close.

Option 2
July 3–arrive at Epcot area resort around lunch and stay at resort all day
July 4–RD Epcot with AM EMH, back to resort for break from 12-5, return to Epcot for fireworks
July 5–RD MK and stay until we can’t take it anymore (our last trip Spring Break this year we did 14 hrs at MK without leaving)

Thanks!!

Option one, but I'm biased because MK is my favorite park. Would also add some Epcot time to option one instead of staying at the resort all day.

Agreed in full. Option 1. There's so much more at MK (I think) than Epcot--Epcot, especially if you've been before, can be done in an afternoon. You could stay at a MK resort in Option 2 or at least go watch the fireworks from the observation deck at CR so you get a bit of the magic early (jump on the ferry, see the castle lit up) and then keep your 7/4 and 7/5 days the same.

What did your 14 hour day at MK look like? Was that a 2am close? I'm trying to get a read on the lines at MK from 12am-2am.

Agreed in full. Option 1. There's so much more at MK (I think) than Epcot--Epcot, especially if you've been before, can be done in an afternoon. You could stay at a MK resort in Option 2 or at least go watch the fireworks from the observation deck at CR so you get a bit of the magic early (jump on the ferry, see the castle lit up) and then keep your 7/4 and 7/5 days the same.

What did your 14 hour day at MK look like? Was that a 2am close? I'm trying to get a read on the lines at MK from 12am-2am.
We had a PPO BOG reservation so was at MK at 730. We rode 7D once before the rope drop crowd got there (it was a EMM day). We did FantasyLand in AM (I think we did Dumbo, met Merida, Barnstormer, met Ariel, Journey Under the Sea, met Gaston, Small World, enchanted tales with belle, snack, Peter Pan). Did BTM and watched parade from Frontierland. Left for a 430 Storybook dinner at Artist Point. Came back and did Adventureland all with FP got that day, got a late FP for 7D, met the princesses, watched the fireworks at ththe front of Main St near the exit and then left right after (about 930 pm). It was a 10pm close that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter