what would you do...teen doesn't want to enter parks

Lol. I really thought it was going to go this way with him staying home but he said he wants to come to just walk around. He does have his own car at home. I am slightly worried about the house if he stays home alone and I have a 15 hr drive to do each way. But he isn't too social so it may be ok.

Many have stated the fear of him driving my car. I am a worrier too so it will scare me but he has been driving for 3 solid years albeit with some dents on his car now and my car is a lease.

I agree he should chip in when he doesn't want to participate in the family plan.

It leaves so much to consider. I included him in all ADRs to be safe.

He has been to WDW about 4 or 5 times for 1-2 weeks each and has been to DL a few times too so he is just over it. We haven't seen Harry Potter World but have been to US many times as well but it has been about 7 years since we went in FL. We used to live by U.S. Hollywood so did that one a lot with actor friends that get free passes.

Last year for Easter, I brought him and he sat in the hotel room making a mess and only came in the parks to ride Everest, Space Mountain, and eat at BOG.

Ahh, the life of entitled, spoiled children....:rolleyes1:thanks:
He is just being a normal 18 year old. I'm 52 and would much rather go to Universal parks than Disney (and I love Disney). They are much better parks for young adults. I suggested in another post that he take Turkey Lake Rd which runs from the DTD area all the way to the back side of Universal and you never have to get on the freeway. If you lived in LA you know about traffic and I guarantee I-4 is nothing like the freeways there.

They also sell a Universal Pass that INCLUDES transportation from the Disney Resorts. Look into that one and you won't have to worry about the car and him driving on unfamiliar roads.

He does want to go to Universal and he does drive. We are taking my SUV down.

There is a low cost bus available between WDW and Universal. I want to say it was $3 round trip last year when I used it. I just asked the doorman at the resort about it and he had all the info. save some money and if doesn't want to join in, he can take the bus :)

I never match my park tickets 1:1. Reduce them down, have guest services put his days on hard ticket and then add them to you or your daughter. It takes a couple minutes at any disney hotel desk or guest services to add more days to your ticket, add them as/if you need it.

Your kids have a large age gap and I don't blame your DS from wanting some time away from your toddler. I would find him transportation to Universal and I would cover the cost. I would downgrade everyone to a two day ticket and upgrade yours and your daughter's ticket when you get there. I would skip the park hoppers to save money. If he wants to spend a day or two at Disney with you then he has a ticket. If not, anyone can use it on a later trip.

We are trying to swing budget for the whole kitten kaboodle now with 1day and night in Atlanta for College football hall of fame, universal for 3 nights, Disney for 4. Am I crazy or what?

We are trying to swing budget for the whole kitten kaboodle now with 1day and night in Atlanta for College football hall of fame, universal for 3 nights, Disney for 4. Am I crazy or what?
Not crazy at all!

Check out the aquarium (second largest in the world...fun fact, the largest in the world was Living Seas at Epcot until the ATL one was built, which was the largest until recently when a larger one was built in Dubai), and world of coke while you are here (ATL) too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter