What would you do with 6 hours at WDW?

tbgmom

Mouseketeer
I will be travelling to Orlando in October for a work conference and will have about 6 hours (after taking into account travel to and from the resort) on the first (registration) day if I can get there at opening, to spend at WDW. I also have one day where things wrap up a 6pm so I could go over for the evening. I haven't been o WDW since the early 90s, although I have been to DL several times, and will be going to Disneyland Paris in August.

So, if you were in my shoes, what would you do?

Go to Magic Kingdom for your 6 hour day. Go to Epcot World Showcase for your evening.
Actually a perfect reply. Not much to add.

Make sure you get a Fast pass to your favorite rides, and get the WDW app so you make the most from every minute there. Don’t waste precious time in lines, etc.

I think this is a better fit for the Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies board, so I’ll move it over there. :)

For your evening you could do a DAH event instead of buying a regular park ticket (assuming there is one that day). It gets you in the park at 7 I think and then after regular closing you will have a lot lower crowds and free snacks.

will be going to Disneyland Paris in August.
If you’re going to DLP, you may want to compare the rides you rode there to the WDW versions: HM, BTMRR, Toy Story Land, etc.

If you are at all into Star Wars, you may want to plan on going into DHS.

Booking a DAH would be ideal for your evening park as @KTR suggested, or, buy a discounted convention ticket for park entrance to any park.

Since you haven’t been since the early 90s and you’ve been to a different castle park and are going to Paris, I’d say go to Animal Kingdom for the 6 hour day. It’s the most unique park there and you’ve never seen it before.

For the other day, I’d look at possibly a party or after hours if available for Studios or Magic. If you’re getting there at 6, it’ll be a very short time if there isn’t a party and you may not get much in. Currently the parks are closing at 8 or 9 on non party nights on the calendar...

I would go to MK on the long day and see if there is a DAH event on the short day. If there isn't then I would probably do HS just because of my riding preferences.

I will be travelling to Orlando in October for a work conference and will have about 6 hours (after taking into account travel to and from the resort) on the first (registration) day if I can get there at opening, to spend at WDW. I also have one day where things wrap up a 6pm so I could go over for the evening. I haven't been o WDW since the early 90s, although I have been to DL several times, and will be going to Disneyland Paris in August.

So, if you were in my shoes, what would you do?

I would probably hit MK and Epcot and if you could only hit it one day i would probably do Epcot -- food and wine will be going on so there will be lots of food to sample around world showcase. MK you will have to be careful how you choose because it could be a Halloween party night which would close the park to guest at 6pm. Don't want to show up to a park at 3pm to then be told you have to leave by 6.

Definitely Epcot World Showcase for your evening. I'm torn for your 6-hour daytime visit. Choose Magic Kingdom if you want something somewhat familiar but definitely the Disneyest Disney in Disney World. Choose Animal Kingdom if you want a something you won't find in any other Disney park anywhere in the world with some great rides and awesome critters!

Fun question... I would have to say I, personally, would probably get to AK as early as possible, do Pandora and anything else that would fit (FoP with FP or if I could get there at least 45 min early), and then do EPCOT in the evening. But, MK would also be a great choice for your early 6 hours if you wanted a "classic" WDW experience.

When you go to DLP, make sure you ride Star Tours. It was so much fun to hear Yoda speak French....

So my answer is different. During the day I’d go to typhoon lagoon for a few hours and then wander at Disney springs and have a good meal. That would be most relaxing for me.

Second evening I would go to MK to ride the classics. COP, people mover, Splash and Pirates.

Magic Kingdom is the heart and soul of WDW. Don't miss it.

For your evening you could do a DAH event instead of buying a regular park ticket (assuming there is one that day). It gets you in the park at 7 I think and then after regular closing you will have a lot lower crowds and free snacks.

This if it's available!!!!

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned MNNSHP. I think that I would do that for my evening and spend the 6 hour day at Epcot for the F&W Festival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!