What would you do?????

isyt

DIS Veteran
I am going to Disney after Thanksgiving and I have been hesitating making my ressies. Players are 2 families me, hubby and 2 dd and 1 ds, 2nd room is my sister and her dd. My dh doesn't mind me getting sister a room but does not want it close. I did tell my hubby that a 2 bdrm is cheaper points than a 1 bdrm and studio. Is it possible to guarentee a lock off versus a dedicated 2 bdrm. Its a sticky situation and I know that I should have booked this already but I am soooo confused. Don't ya just love family vacations!!!! :grouphug:

If your DH really doesn't want to share a common area with your sister and niece then you'll need to break up the reservation to a 1BR and a studio (assuming you get permission to put 5 in a 1BR). Even if you get a lock-off 2BR you will still be adjoined and I can't think of a tactful way to tell your sister to keep the adjoining door locked! :rolleyes:

I agree with Granny. "Not close" is not the other side of the living room, and your sister is going to be coming into your living room if you get a 2 BR. If your DH will be irritated the whole time by close proximity, just bite the bullet and get her a studio separate from your 1 BR.

Just curious. Is your sister aware of the fact that your husband does not want her close by??

Newcastle said:
Just curious. Is your sister aware of the fact that your husband does not want her close by??

Yes and no, we use to vacation together when she was married but now that she is divorced I think my hubby misses the other guy. My hubby thinks divorce is wrong (for my sister anyway), not a debate but nothing was wrong with her decision. Its a shame because my sis and dh were close before she got married, but not since she got divorced. She won't travel by her self with her daughter(I do babysit my niece every day, even before the divorce), I think she needs us more than ever, and 1 trip to Disney isn't a big deal especially if we go by ourselves 2 other times in a year. Its really stressful for me.

The week after Thanksgiving is popular for DVC, you need to make a decision quick. Unless you want OKW or SSR, you will probably have to waitlist.

I would try to book a 2 bedroom lock-off at OKW, the rooms are larger and it gives you a little extra "buffer space". I can't help wondering if there is more to the story that the OP may not know about, some other disagreement or something betwenthe dh and sis, it seems strange to want the rooms seperated simply because the sis is divorced, at least it does to me.

DebbieB said:
The week after Thanksgiving is popular for DVC, you need to make a decision quick. Unless you want OKW or SSR, you will probably have to waitlist.

Yeah, Icalled this afternoon and it is just OKW and SS. I have stayed in SS , love the property but hated the bus service. I am staying in OKW in June and I am hoping I love it as much as everyone says.

BTW Chuck I wish there was something else , its just the divorce, He just thinks she irresponsible now (not true).

Thanks everyone for the feedback!!! I really do appreciate it!!

Chuck S said:
I would try to book a 2 bedroom lock-off at OKW, the rooms are larger and it gives you a little extra "buffer space". I can't help wondering if there is more to the story that the OP may not know about, some other disagreement or something betwenthe dh and sis, it seems strange to want the rooms seperated simply because the sis is divorced, at least it does to me.
Just a comment about family and divorces: sometimes the family really loved the other spouse and thinks that the blood relative did a terribly stupid thing with a divorce. A friend's family was like this; his sister - all agreed that she was flighty and high-maintenance - managed to snag a really great guy, whom she took advantage of and dumped for a (now long gone) stud-of-the-day. Her family has never quite forgiven her for this. Not saying this is the OP situation, but the divorce of a beloved in-law is more than enough to cause some inter-family tension.

Oh, OP - get the two rooms. If fences make good neighbors, different buildings make great family vacations! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

how about a 1- bedroom at ss and a studio at okw, that would make him happy. only kidding!!

If you are going after thanksgiving. The available ressies might make the decision for you. :thumbsup2 Then you don't have too!! :rotfl2:

That would be nice to say sorry dear thats all they had left!!! :rotfl2: Although it might not be worth it, after discussion this morning I am going to request a studio and a 1 bedroom on different sides of the building. I'll pay the extra points and keep the harmony. Thanks for the advice!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!