What would you do???

Pixiedust724

Earning My Ears
We just started planning our next trip to Disney.
It’ll be me, my husband & our 6 year old little girl.
So far we’ve stayed at WL, BC & a studio at GF.
MK is our favorite park during the day & Epcot at night.
We do spend time at the pool, so the pool is important to us
Now, where to stay...
We’d like to try a different resort and would appreciate opinions on CR, Poly, AK & BW studios.
If we get free dining, we’d probably stay at CSR or PO Riverside.

I really like staying at the Contemporary. Being able to walk to Magic Kingdom is awesome and you can hop on the monorail to get over to Epcot for easy transportation. I like the theme park view rooms and watching the fireworks from the balcony. Their pool isn’t really well themed and I haven’t gone in it, but it never seems crowded.

Boardwalk I’ve never stayed in the studios but I liked that hotel. The pool was great and the slide was awesome even with the creepy clown face.

Animal Kingdom I like for the savanna rooms it is really unique. But I will only stay there on a not heavy park trip or if our focus is animal kingdom since the only transportation are buses.

Now, where to stay...
We’d like to try a different resort and would appreciate opinions on CR, Poly, AK & BW studios.
If MK and EP are my priorities, I would pick Poly or CR for easy access to MK and monorail to EP. If the pool is important, I would pick the Poly from those 2.

The closeness to CR is great if you plan on going to MK a lot.

If you are wanting to walk to EP in the evenings, then I would pick BWI and just bus to MK.

Now, where to stay...

They are all gorgeous. Of the four you mention, based on your park preferences, I would pick Poly or BWV studio.

Poly is, of course, on the monorail. The theming and the view from the beach are gorgeous. The pool is great and there is a splash pad for children 48" and under. In addition to the monorail to MK, you can walk to the TTC to easily catch the monorail to EP making evenings in EP fairly convenient.

BWV is our favorite resort. It tends to be quieter than Poly and even the BW resort side. We love the pool and while some dislike the clown slide, we find it to be the most fun on property. The nice thing about the BW pool is you can sit on the pool deck and see your child in every area of the pool, walking up to the slide and even going down the slide. BW is a quick walk to EP, so could certainly bus to MK in the mornings and even take the monorail to EP for afternoon/evenings and simply walk back to your resort from there. Or take an afternoon break at the resort after MK and simply walk to EP for your evenings.

If you prefer to end your night at Epcot, then I think BWV would be the best. I’m a DVC owner there and love it. There is nothing better than getting back to your room 15 minutes after the fireworks in Epcot are over. The bus to MK is pretty good. You don’t share it with any other resorts. The pool is pretty good too.

My girls (12 and 13) and I just stayed in February for the very first time at the Poly. IT was magical, beautiful and I don't ever want to stay anywhere else after that trip. :) Such a wonderful trip. We just booked late for October 30th but Poly was completely sold out so we are staying at the Port Orleans Riverside which we have stayed before and loved. But we will never forget our trip to the Poly.

If you prefer to end your night at Epcot, then I think BWV would be the best. I’m a DVC owner there and love it. There is nothing better than getting back to your room 15 minutes after the fireworks in Epcot are over. The bus to MK is pretty good. You don’t share it with any other resorts. The pool is pretty good too.

Poly is, of course, on the monorail. The theming and the view from the beach are gorgeous. The pool is great and there is a splash pad for children 48" and under. In addition to the monorail to MK, you can walk to the TTC to easily catch the monorail to EP making evenings in EP fairly convenient.

Poly or BWV, for reasons mentioned above :)

The Poly is so magical! Seeing the castle directly from there makes you feel like you are right inside the magic. The pools are great and the splash/play area is perfect for her age. Amazing! Food is great, on the monorail, can take a boat, fund shopping, laid back and relaxing... enjoy!

Stayed at Contemporary during New Years: wonderful to walk to the MK and take the monorail to Epcot. Rooms are okay: bathroom sinks are odd. Pool was okay. We are going to stay at Poly next and I'm so excited! Based on research, I think you're best to do Poly if you want MK resort area hotel, but Beach is good for pool and being close to Epcot. We did find the bus service to be slow at Beach, however, when going to MK.

Stayed at most hotels on that list and based on our experience and your list of desirables, I would suggest Poly.

Given the fact the Epcot monorail runs from the TTC right next door to the Poly I think it has the best of everything. Great pools, great amenities, great access to the MK, easy access to the TTC for Epcot etc... so all in all I think it covers everything! Not cheap mind, and depending on your long house it can have a variance in your experience, but overall based on everything I would definitely look at the Poly.

With your list I would choose Poly. You can take the monorail to MK from the hotel, and you can walk over to TTC from Poly for the Epcot monorail. With those being the two parks you are focusing on that would be my first choice.

Here's my rankings:

Pool:
1. Poly
2. CR/AK: CR pool isn't super exciting, but quiet pool is very tranquil. sometimes get it to ourselves.
AK pool- has benefit of being sheltered by hotel. Big bonus if traveling at cooler times of year.
3. CSR/POR
4. BWK

MK Convenience:
1. CR
2. Poly
3. BWK (not close to MK; but easy walk to Epcot/HS)
4. AK/POR
5. CSR - POR transportation really ranks overall with CSR, but it just happens to be located close to MK.)

Theming:
1. Poly/AK
2. CSR/BWK
3. POR/CR - theming isn't exciting at CR, but in general, it is rather relaxing, and the tower views are super. We actually prefer non-theme park view, as that side has pretty lake +balconies get morning sun/afternoon shade. Never stayed non-tower.

DINING:
1. Poly
2. AK/CSR - VERY curious to try NEW dining at CSR
3. BWK/POR/CR

Hotel LAYOUT/EASE of GETTING AROUND HOTEL:
1. CR/AK
2. Poly/BWK
3. POR/CSR

WHERE we tend to STAY:
1. CR
2. AK
3. CSR
4. Poly/BWK
5. POR

Though I don't find the theming of CR super exciting (Poly is much more fun vibe/pool/dining), at the end of the day, I love the layout, location, and relaxing nature of CR. Partly it was room location, but Poly rooms are brown/dark, and I just didn't like the room layout. AK rooms are also quite brown, but there you get a fun vibe and animals. BWK/CR/CSR have brighter, lighter rooms. POR is kind of in-between. POR/CSR/BWK are kind of big and sprawling. You can spend a good deal of time just trying to get from your room to food court or the pool. I DO like the BWK and Poly as places to visit and dine! Both have good options if you don't have specific ADR's.

I am interested in seeing the new tower of CSR!

We also often do split stays ourselves! If you can't quite decide. Sometimes we do an even split, other time we do just one night...depends a little on the kind of offer/availability. Otherwise, consider visiting all of them, maybe try the dining at each if you haven't before.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!